Looking for Metzler Interacts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WBill

Reaction score
It's about time for my 4th set of Metzler Z6's, and I want to use the new "Interact" models. The former model, the "Roadtec" had a special "C" designation for rear tires fitted for FJR's and BMW's, and, according to the Metzler site, the new "Interact" ones do, too.

However, I can't seem to find a site that specifies that the rear 180/55 "Interact" is, indeed, a "C" designation.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks ahead, WBill

WBill ~ Go to MotorcycleSuperstore.com

They've got the entire skinny on the new Interact Z6's and even claim to have them in stock.

After looking at the comparison specs between the "C" and the regular I don't see much difference, other than the "C" weighs more. They are both rated for the same speed.

I've been really happy with the original Z6 rubber, and would consider the new Interacts myself, but my originals still look like new at 6,000 miles, and still handle the twisty bits very nicely, as well as water running across the road heavy rain day before yesterday.

I have a trip of about 2K miles planned for September, and I'm thinking I'm good to go on my present rubber.

Ride Safe!

Don

It's about time for my 4th set of Metzler Z6's, and I want to use the new "Interact" models. The former model, the "Roadtec" had a special "C" designation for rear tires fitted for FJR's and BMW's, and, according to the Metzler site, the new "Interact" ones do, too.
However, I can't seem to find a site that specifies that the rear 180/55 "Interact" is, indeed, a "C" designation.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks ahead, WBill
Here is the Parts Umlimited # 03040096. Tires are not in stock right now in the "C". Hope it helps.

Here is a ink that specifies that https://www.sporttour.com/tires/metzeler_ro...z6_interact.htm
The prices seem to be pretty good. I've dealt with them in person and they seem to be good guys.
Thanks to everybody. It looks like Sporttour.com is going to get the deal.

As you might surmise, seeing as how this is my 4th set, over 40K + miles, I like those Z 6's, and the upgrade sounds even better than the original. WBill
UPDATE:

I called my local Yamaha dealer and quoted the prices from Sport Tour.com. The parts guy said he could get the tires I want at the same price, and was grateful that I gave him the opportunity. I like to support my local peeps, so I'm going to give them my business. I'll save the shipping, but pay the local sales tax. A plus, it is to be hoped, will be having happy mechanics mount and balance the tires. I'll also have them lube the steering head and swing arm bearings while they are at it. WBill