Lousy Picture

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPrice

Fish Cop (retired)
Reaction score
Yesterday, fjrdan, my son David and I rode to Cedar City, UT via Enterprise, UT from St. George. We started from my house at about 11:30 AM. My son was on his Super Duke, with a "touring screen" which is about the size of an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper! He froze, but Dan and I were OK (it was still chilly)! Dan and I rode back down I-15 through the frozen wasteland, but then dropping into warmer climes near St. George, UT. FUN!! My 2006 FJR, as introduced in "Assimilated Finally" now has 1000 + miles on it.

Today, at about noon, with the temperature hovering around 50º F at my house, I decided to ride down by Mesquite, NV, via Gunlock, SR 91, etc.. I had to stop and take the liner out of my jacket, because it was so warm! The ambient temp gauge indicated 66º F, just above Mesquite!! Thought I'd pass this on to you guys who are still trapped in various frozen wastelands. Anyway I snapped a pic, via Cell Phone, of the FJR, while I was trying to cool off!

0215101215a.jpg

I then "roared" back home via the Virgin River Gorge (I-15), which I'm sure many of you have done. Man, the Feej handles it great. The speed limit is 55 but the traffic flows at about 75 - 85.

Hope you guys in the frozen north get to ride soon, it sure is fun!

Thanks, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always had the belief that 'winter sucks'...but this year I am really antsy to get out and ride. Haven't been on the bike since late december! This winter has really sucked and I wanna ride!

Glad someone is able to get out and enjoy.

Sounds like a nice ride, Bob. Finding 50 degree days here has been tough this winter. Rode about 35 miles on Saturday where it started at 47 and on the loop back, the wind had shifted to the north and temp dropped to 41. Hopefully, March will bring us some of those Rocky Mtn days in the 60s.

Sounds like a nice ride, Bob. Finding 50 degree days here has been tough this winter. Rode about 35 miles on Saturday where it started at 47 and on the loop back, the wind had shifted to the north and temp dropped to 41. Hopefully, March will bring us some of those Rocky Mtn days in the 60s.
highcountry,

Yep, our ride yesterday was the 40º "category", then today, as I described (in the lower country), it was literally too warm. That's what's interesting about living in the South West. Just drive a few miles in whatever direction and the differences in temperatures tend to be extreme. It's hard to pick the right riding gear!

Hope it warms up for you soon!!

Take care,

Bob

My 2006 FJR, as introduced in "Assimilated Finally" now has 1000k + miles on it.

Jeebuz, doesn't look like it's got over a million miles on it.

I had to pull the quilted liner out of my jacket this weekend, too. Now I've got the itch for more play time - hmm, maybe the wife won't notice the paychecks getting smaller if I only play hookie (hooky?) one day / week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I then "roared" back home via the Virgin River Gorge (I-15), which I'm sure many of you have done. Man, the Feej handles it great. The speed limit is 55 but the traffic flows at about 75 - 85.
I used to love ripping through the Virgin River Gorge on my GS1100E back in the 80's when I was stationed at Las Vegas. That's a blast.

I went for a short ride the other day but my hands got cold, so I'm waiting for a little less snow and a little more warmth.

coldhand.jpg

My 2006 FJR, as introduced in "Assimilated Finally" now has 1000k + miles on it.

Jeebuz, doesn't look like it's got over a million miles on it.

I had to pull the quilted liner out of my jacket this weekend, too. Now I've got the itch for more play time - hmm, maybe the wife won't notice the paychecks getting smaller if I only play hookie (hooky?) one day / week.
Whoops, took the "k" out from behind 1000! I haven't put that many miles on, jeez.

I used to love ripping through the Virgin River Gorge on my GS1100E back in the 80's when I was stationed at Las Vegas. That's a blast.

I went for a short ride the other day but my hands got cold, so I'm waiting for a little less snow and a little more warmth.

coldhand.jpg
My son's hands looked exactly the same when he "dismounted" his Super Duke in Cedar City on Sunday!!!! Not sure if he'll fully recover.

The "Gorge" is still fun! It seems traffic speeds up going through there, more and more all the time. I guess everybody likes "ripping" through there, even little old ladies!! Just have to watch out for the occasional person who actually drives the Speed Limit.

Thanks!!