Lowering the 06 FJR Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourmash

Reaction score
Found easy way to lower 06 seat about .3 inch, since I have a 30 inch inseam and am long in the tooth, every little bit helps.

Take out the plastic seat height adjusting tray, this is good for .1 inch. Then twist and pull out the 4 rubber bumper stops on the seat pan that the seat rests on. Cut .2 inch off all four, ( I used a band saw) Reinstall bumpers by pushing and twisting (A little soapy water helps). Reinstall seat, if you have done it correctly you will almost be able to see the tops of the two screws in the plastic moulding around the bottom of the Gas Tank.

I know 1/3 inch isn't a whole lot, but it helps and it's FREE.

Happy Riding Sourmash in E. TN

Thanks for the info. I need to lower the seat myself but hesitant to do any cutting out of the foam. This might do the trick.

Forgot to mention that lowering the seat, effectively raises the handlebar the same amout.

Ride Safe

Sourmash in E. Tn

You could take your seat to your local upholster shop and have then shave the seat down, and while your there have them install a 1/2" layer of Pudgee closed cell foam on top of the shaved stock foam. Or you could do it yourself like I did using an electric carving knife or disk sander for the shave. Viola, new seat and you can touch the ground. Cost was minimal. PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator: