Mac / Java Upgrade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks-

I ordered a piece of software for my Mac. It installs but will not launch since it says I need Java 1.5 and my Mac has Java 1.4. I've tried to find the appropriate Java download on the Mac site - but am having trouble with this. It seems that 1.5 is only for Mac OS X 10.4 or higher and my machine is OS X 10.3.9.

The software is Weightmania and I purchased Weightmania Pro 2.0.5 and the system requirements say:

Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later

Java 1.5

Anybody have any thoughts with this?

Kind Thanks

Scott

all i can tell you, is i have MAC OS 10.3.9 on my powerbook, and get scewed up problems but there is no more support since apple switched processors. At least that is what i was told. I hope you find a resolution. I have java app problems all the time with Safari.

windows_xp_logo.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist!!! :p

My old Mac has been upgraded over the years to 10.4.11. Can you not go to software update and get upgraded? (I also notice that my Java is only 1.4.2., so I can't say that would give you what you need.)

I'd try to get the upgrade. Click on the apple, and software update is the second item in the drop-down menu.

i dont believe you can find a upgrade anymore. They changed programming when they changed processors