Madjackdog injury update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dayum.

Your story is up there on my Worst Nightmares While Riding. I guess I missed your story earlier, but I am so glad you are doing well.

No riding? Gonna get a Porsche? Still wanna hang here? OK! Glad you wanna stick around, although that does bring into question whether or not you got hit in the head... ;)

Besides, you can take jwilly as your inspiration and use the cage to good effect at FJR rallies...

EOM_HiltonHead2011020.jpg

Take care, and give OM a kick in the nads for me. 'Tis the holidays and all...

Hey Admin type folks, what say ye on a little area here where we can post up to our mending members( or member...ahem), or be posted upon if when the shiny side aint up...to many of us without real lives or peeples to inhabit them this board can mean more than the founders possibly imagined...a few kind words...like get yer ass up dickface, or chicken strip pussy...and i felt worlds better, it aint friday and i'm not bullshittin'...maybe jackdog wont be so mad if he knows how many people care...thats all.

Merry Christmas Everybody !

Bobby

Dayum MJD! I must have missed the earlier conversations about this. It is extremely hard to pull through as far as you have. Keep working on it and give it time.

If you never get on a bike again, who cares? I'd rather be around to hug my kids than ride a MC any day...

Keep us posted. We'll keep you in our thoughts!!

One hell of a way to present an update MJD !! Your great attitude makes the "not so good news" actually good news, considering how far you've come in rehab :) Stay with it Sir --- you have many friends here who are with you. :thumbsupsmiley:

I am new to the forum and I hope you continue on your road to recovery.

I know you are grateful for having a loving family and a lot of supporting friends that will be of great help to you.

Hang in there Bro and remember...there ain't nothing wrong with a Porsche.

Hope you recover from all this. Seems like I keep hearing more frequently about things like this happening to people on bikes. I've been fortunate and only had one really bad experience in 35 years on a bike. Hope you have a great Christmas regardless of your injuries.

GP

Wow, just wow... mighty glad you are doing ok and are hanging in there! I have been in the dumps a lot myself this year after I broke my right tibia and fibula for a second time, but it WILL go away; hug your wife and kids as often as possible and just be happy that you can! I also have some of the skin-in-pain-area as you describe on my lower shin and upper foot, I can't even begin to imagine what that's like to have a lot of that over your body, yikes.

Hang in there and have a happy holidays with your family!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep your spirits up, Jack; good for the healing process! So happy that you're "on the road back", and know that we all hope that you'll soon be 100j%, again!

My jaw dropped when I read of your accident, T5 !! Yikes!! As is oft said, it could always be worse, but jeez, how much worse do we want to imagine, this was plenty! Some here (thankfully not many) have been through similar events, (albeit no two situations are alike), but the advice Tyler gave is spot on. Don't worry about the down days, as there will be those, but they make the up days just that much sweeter! Thoughts and prayers go to you and others who are on the mend and yes.. stick around we want to hear how things are going, good or bad, we're here for ya!

Truthfully,

MJ's wreck is my worst nightmare.

I'll ride when cold, freezing cold.

I'll ride when down pouring rain.

I'll ride when snowing (mostly)

If it's down to ground foggy?

My fear of getting 'sixed' is so strong I won't ride.

Peeps, there is a lesson to be learned here...

I hadnt read about your wreck until now.These things happen so fast thankfully it sounds like you are on the road to recovery. Keep fighting you will be in my thoughts and prayers

Merry Christmas.

Brother MJD, it's damn good hearing that you're alive and kicking pointing your toes.

We'd not gotten any updates there for awhile, but I knew you had to be struggling, given the extent of your injuries.

I can't tell you how good it is to hear that you're still 'keepin' on' and most importantly that you've kept your sense of humor.

Though you're one of those bastards who'd never let on how difficult things have been,

you must know that all of us old eggs here on the forum know full well that you've been through

hell, ....and you're still workin'.

You've many people here who care a helluvalot about your well-being, so if you were to stop contributing to this forum,

we'd be compelled to start commenting on your character. And you KNOW how painful that could get for you.

These guys (and gals - hello!) can be butchers.

Keep getting better, mi amigo.

And instead of a friggin' Porsche, how about a 1970 Mustang (302) .....painted like Parnelli Jones'?

ParnelliJonesMustang.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And instead of a friggin' Porsche, how about a 1970 Mustang (302) .....painted like Parnelli Jones'?

ParnelliJonesMustang.jpg
MJD, Glad you're on the mend. Hard to believe you didn't just fall over from a heart attack when you saw the converted ambulance billowing smoke toward you.
Since you seem to have an unnatural fondness for OM, I thought I might take a moment to offer a bit of advice. Don't paint any car like Parnelli Jones!

As I recall he's an old wrinkly white guy. That would be one ugly car.

On another note, yes, by all means keep in touch with the Forum. Lord knows it needs more of people like you.

Mark

... I was involved in a rather catastrophic accident on June 30th ...
My best friend was hit on his CBR1000RR in 2004 head on by a drunk driver at 2 pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday. Two months in the hospital, lots of pins, rods, plates and screws, then lots of PT. About 6 months after the wreck he threw his leg over his Harley and we went for a ride. That was his plan for recovery all along - being able to ride again motivated him to recover. He really loves riding and has ridden most of his life. Since then he has had a BMW K1200S, FJR1300, another Harley, and now a VFR1200. He loves to ride.

... I think perhaps a Porsche is in my future ..."
Great choice!! My girlfriend has a black on black 2008 twin turbo all-wheel-drive convertible. It is noisy as hell inside on the highway but it will smoke an FJR in the twisties (or any sportbike for that matter). It has about 475 HP with an unbelievable 550 HP burst mode. All wheel drive puts it to the ground like you wouldn't believe but it probaly carries less luggage than the FJR :)

I too had not read of your accident until now. Praying for your continued recovery. I came to the FJR after a string of Porsches and can recommend good folks at rennlist.com, and the local PCA chapter. I'd sure welcome you sticking around on this board too :)