mail order Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg97224

Reaction score
I searched, but didn't find an answer to this specific question. For you guys who mail orderd a Russell day long, do you think you got as comfortable seat as if you went and got fitted? They don't have a spot open to get fitted until October, and I know what it is going to be doing weather wise around here then.

My guess would be most of them are mail order. I know mine will be, I'm counting on the quality of the pics I sent, the weight and other details I wrote down, and their experience with many, many FJR seats to provide me with miles of heavenly comfort.

My guess would be most of them are mail order. I know mine will be, I'm counting on the quality of the pics I sent, the weight and other details I wrote down, and their experience with many, many FJR seats to provide me with miles of heavenly comfort.
You gonna come build up your endurance on 49? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't stop in and my Russell seat has been great!
But the question is: Would it be better if you did? I guess you'll never know. ;)
twernt an opchun...just payin freight I had to blow off gettin the kidz christmas this year! Sorry kids :)

Plus...it's werkin...don't need no better en dat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first seat I had them make was for my Honda was a mailed in, the FJR was a ride in. I'd have to say the mail in was more comfy but the Honda had a larger and wider seat pan so that gave them plenty to work with. My 2006 was the first they had seen so a ride in was probably worth it. I wouldn't hesitate to mail it in especially for a model they have experience with.

I had a ride in and don't know if I did any better than a mail in. They had me sit on the bike, took a couple pics and did a rough draft of the seat without a cover. They had me do a test fit on the uncovered seat and no adjustments were needed. All I know is I could not be happier with the seat. Of course you won't get to see the little cutie Heather the receptionist if you do a mail in, so here ya go.

RussellTrip050.jpg

So, you're passing on my standard offer? Fine, be that way. Your loss. Just another steak for me, then.

So, you're passing on my standard offer? Fine, be that way. Your loss. Just another steak for me, then.
Hey, I'd love to ride out there and visit while getting a seat made, but that would cost money I don't have. Plus, I'd have to ride out there, on the very seat I'm replacing so I can ride long distances to visit people. See the conflict here? Ride being the key word here. Get it? Anyway, maybe next year, but definitely not this one.

I'm on my 2nd Russell in as many bikes. Neither was a ride-in fitting. Each was excellent. The current one on the FJR is even more comfy than the previous one on the GL1500 Wing. I attribute some portion of this to choosing all leather this time over the velour and vinyl of the last one.

As I sit here responding to this thread. I have spent 4 hours in the car driving to the relatives for the 4th and my backside hurts from the f'ing car seat.

I can sit on my Russell for many hours without even thinking about my backside. Mine was a mail order seat also....

Would not even think about riding any length of time without a Russell now....

my .02

Dana

As I sit here responding to this thread. I have spent 4 hours in the car driving to the relatives for the 4th and my backside hurts from the f'ing car seat.
I can sit on my Russell for many hours without even thinking about my backside. Mine was a mail order seat also....

Would not even think about riding any length of time without a Russell now....

my .02

Dana
Gunny!

maybe this is the only useful time to sit your azz on a copier machine, preferably with a tape measure beneath you ! leave your jockies/ hanes on tho.

send the pic to russel for a fitting

Hey, I'd love to ride out there and visit while getting a seat made, but that would cost money I don't have. Plus, I'd have to ride out there, on the very seat I'm replacing so I can ride long distances to visit people. See the conflict here? Ride being the key word here. Get it? Anyway, maybe next year, but definitely not this one.
Oh ye of short memory. You fly (if you don't fly, go Greyhound - that toothless ho seated next to you will be good for hours of yakking) out here with your seat as luggage, I pick you up at the airport, schlep your sorry arse over to Rocky's joint with my bike so you can get fitted. Bring your risers and pegs or whatever other ergo fix you have on yours and we'll swap 'em. Plus, you get to yabber with the luverly Mrs. Nut about womens clothes and shit while I'm grillin' up the steaks. Capice? As an added bonus, to help break-in the seat, I'll take you on a tour of the PCH up to Monterrey. Make plans, Ethel.