Manchester Beach 2015 - August 29/30

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This will be a 2-day romp up to Manchester and staying overnight at the KOA:

https://www.manchesterbeachkoa.com/home/Accommodations.aspx

Make your reservations ASAP as they tend to fill up quickly... be sure to call and mention you're with Dangerous Curves (707.882.2375). FYI, bring your own linens or a sleeping bag and towel. If you forget, you can rent either when you get there. There is a variety of accommodations to suit everyone's tastes.

I'm working with the facility to do dinner for us again as in past years as well as Sunday breakfast. More details to follow on that as well as meet spot/s, time/s, route/s.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: August 10, 2015

Please find following some notes, itinerary, and proposed routes for the Manchester weekend. Routes may change due to weather or timing. You are welcome to join in at any point or do your own thing as well and just meet us in Manchester. My cell number is 408.396.5130 if anyone needs to reach me along the way. Please know your own limits, be true to yourself, ride your own ride, be safe, and ENJOY!

SATURDAY
Meet: Starbucks 950 Las Gallinas Ave, San Rafael CA 94903
NOTE: Please gas up - there are several stations nearby
KSU: 9AM
Route: https://tinyurl.com/oa88geh
Lunch: 1pm - Sea Ranch Lodge
PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU WILL JOIN US FOR LUNCH
Gas: Gualala
Dinner: Spaghetti (two sauces - one meat, one vegetarian), salad, garlic bread
Cost: $20/person (includes breakfast the next morning as well)

SUNDAY
Breakfast: 7:30am
KSU 9AM
Route: https://tinyurl.com/qdvhb5q
Lunch: 1pm - The Grill at Meadowood, 900 Meadowood Ln, St. Helena
PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU WILL JOIN US FOR LUNCH
Gas: Boonville, Fairfield

· Please have your ICE (In Case of Emergency) info with you and let someone know where it is. If we know it, we won’t need it!

· If you are a newer rider (less than a minimum of 5K miles in the twisties), I would not recommend the Saturday route as there will be some fairly technical and goaty (one lane, bumpy, and maybe a rogue cow in the road) roads. I can recommend an optional route for whoever is interested.

· Pack layers – the coast can be cool and extremely windy so be prepared. Evenings in Manchester are also cold so bring some warm clothes (i.e. hat, gloves, etc.) to sit around the campfire and tell stories! J

· This KOA is a really nice facility and they have lots of amenities including a pool and hot tub that will be open so bring your swim togs if you feel so inclined.

· REMEMBER: The KOA does not provide linens so bring a sleeping bag.

· There will more than likely be several smaller groups and lots of paces to choose from but rule number one is to ALWAYS adhere to your own pace and don’t get in over your head. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the route.

· Please wait for the rider behind you at turns so no one misses one and gets lost. I always like to end with same number of riders I start out with!

· If you choose to leave the group you start out with, please let someone know so we don’t run around helter skelter looking for you.

· There is a grocery store on the left as you enter Manchester so you can stop for adult libations, snacks, etc. The KOA is about a half-mile after the store. · When you check in, please pay for your meals - $20/person for dinner and breakfast. .

New member yosemiterich just made reservations plan on meeting up at Starbucks at 9am looking forward to meeting new people see you there
Howdy Rich... welcome to the nuthouse! ;)

FYI, if you want to get some coffee and meet some folks beforehand, plan on gettnig there a little bit earlier as KSU (Kick Stand Up) is at 9am. Look forward to meeting you! B)

Fantastic weekend! Rich gets the award for bravery for not only showing up for a ride with a bunch of complete strangers (but not any more) AND riding all the way from Yosemite on Saturday starting at 3am to do it!
punk.gif