Matching Helmet for '06 FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

too_many_hobbies

Reaction score
I bought matching Aria Signet GTs for my pearl yellow GL1800 and bought the Suzuki Shoei RF1000s for my red/black Hayabusa. Now that I have an '06 FJR on order, it is time to start picking out a few accessories. I ordered the A model which is listed as Cobalt Blue. Any suggestions on matching helmets? Any other color (grey?) suggestions instead of trying to obtain an exact color match to the Cobalt Blue? I prefer full face but would love to have a flip if only I could find one that is quiet.

too_many_hobbies

k3uano.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I loves my Anthracite Shoei, which just happens to match the Cerulean Silver nicely but would probably look good on a blue bike anyway. If not, you could always go for the AE ;)

I haven't seen anything from Nolan, Shoei or Aria that comes in solid "Cobalt Blue". Nolan has a Cobalt, but it also has lots of graphics. Maybe you should wait and see what the 2006 looks like in person before you decide. It was easy for me. My 2003 is Silver. I'm sure you are going to love your FJR!

I matched the silver accent panels of my FJR rather than trying to find a matching "cerulean silver" helmet.

For the next cerulean bike, I just decided to buy a helmet to match my gear. Most of it is Yamaha blue or black leather. So I'm staying in the black/blue/silver range.

Martha, we need help accessorizing?!

OMG! Please don't tell me you guys are really going out to buy new matching gear for a new bike? You sound like my g/f, drives me crazy. :p ;)

The aggravating thing about selling my Hayabusa and changing to the FJR is that now I have 2 overpriced Suzuki red/black helmets that don't even come close to matching the FJR. I will probably sell the Busa helmets on ebay to not be at a total loss. This time I am considering going with a silver/grey graphic design that will be a close enough match to most colors of bikes just in case they come out with a 170HP model in '07 in red :) . I am also going to consider a flip, if I can find one that approaches the quietness of a full face. I run an Autocom system on my Busa that I will be switching to the FJR and will be switching my headsets to the new helmets also.

Hey afterburn, I guess I could start riding Harleys. That way my leathers would always match any of the bikes in their lineup...NOT!!!

too_many_hobbies

Maybe MNFJR05 will pipe up. He has a: Cobalt blue helmet, jacket, underwear, complexion. The ultimate authority on blue.

blue-men-2.jpg

They call it "Light Silver" for the RF-1000, and it was a near dead-on match for my bike.

As seen in my avatar.

I ended up picking up a newer RF-1000 with graphices for $200.

At that price you don't get to pick your color.

Guess I need another trip to the gap to update my avatar.

They call it "Light Silver" for the RF-1000, and it was a near dead-on match for my bike.
As seen in my avatar.

I ended up picking up a newer RF-1000 with graphices for $200.

At that price you don't get to pick your color.

Guess I need another trip to the gap to update my avatar.
There is both a Light Silver and a Pearl Grey, at least for the current models.

https://www.shoei-helmets.com/main.html

From the photos, the light silver looks closer to the 03 color than the 04, but either would probably work well.

Based on my experience, the Pearl seemed closer to the Cerulean color, and is a great match for the 04s.

Jeff

Lemme see if I get this right, you're trying to find a head accessory to match your soon-to-be new bike? :blink:

Well... if color is what really matters here, then chances are very low that you will find anything on Yamaha's Cobalt Blue.

I would suggest you find a good quality helmet that will protect your head, say in black or white. Then make friends with a good air brush painter, and make the propper introductions. Who knows, maybe after a few bears they hit it off and you end up with a good helmet that matches your bike's color. ;)

I always buy white helmets. They look ok with any color bike and are much more visable to other drivers on the road. Also if you live in a hot and sunny part of the country, white absorbs heat the least.

These bikes are so quiet, I'd like to give the 4 wheel vehicle drivers a chance to see me.

The most common quote from an automobile driver who has been in a collision with a motorcyclist is, " I never saw him!".

The guy with the bright yellow Goldwing and matching gear has a nice edge on being seen. That is why they paint school busses "Safety Yellow".

My $0.02...........

Checkout the Arai Re-Entry its a designer style helmet but the main body blue is very close.

Thanks, Dan