Mature Riders and FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be 55 in June. I was 11 years old (and big for my age) when we went to a big family thing at my Aunt Pearls farm (that should date me). My Uncle Johnny showed up on an Indian Chief or some such, but it was an Indian. I was enthralled, of course, and talked him into a ride. When we got back, I said how I wished to own such a machine, and my Uncle, slightly inebriated as always, said as to how I "could ride it anytime", and with a chuckle, all went inside. Well, being the observant little bastard I was, it wasn't 2 minutes later that the family rushed outside to see me hightailing it down that 'ol country road, the Injun fishtailing as I discovered torque. Got the living shit whipped out of me upon my successful return, worth every lash, my mother damn near shot the uncle for saying what he did to the budding motornut she knew me to be. Bought a 58 BSA in 1966, a new XLCH (which I still own) in 1967, and have never looked back.

Last edited by a moderator:
29 , been riding about 5 years and lovin the bike. I'll prolly stay sport touring for a long long time. Someone's gotta represent an age bracket shy of Silverback !! :blink:

48 yrs old.
I have gray hair on my nuts. Does that qualify me into the mature category? :D

TMI!..

And no...not mature at all!

If peeps on this forum WERE mature, they wouldn't be on this forum... or riding! <G>

I love my FJR... biggest difference between the FJR and a sport bike is 200-300 lbs....

About half the gals I rode with in Hawaii had sport bikes... they could pull them up on the side stand and whip them around... much easier than u-turns in a parking lot....

But there were only 2 of them that could even get my Harley off the sidestand while sitting on it!

And only one that could pbly ride my FJR!

But I have to sell it... too many vehicles and no place to put them... :eek: (

Mary

PS... I ain't saying how old I am.... I just aint' growed up yet!

48 yrs old.
Now that's OVER SHARING!!!! :blink:

Let's say I'm in my forties and leave it at that. I'm sensitive about it... :( :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo im 20 and while the fjr isnt my first bike it might as well be i bought a ninja 250 in october 06 to learn how to ride. 1800 miles later i realized how much the bike sucked on the highway and (sucked in general) then in march i got an 07 black cherry. You could probibly label me as a "young punk" as i alreay put some black light bars in the wheelwell and installed a "eclipse" license plate cover which is totally awsome. And i vow that the day turboing the fjr becomes available i will do it.

Love your name --- hope you're riding in 50 years (My age - 70) "Russ Miller"

48 yrs old.
No, at least you have nuts (assuming you're telling the truth), when you can't tell the difference between your nuts and prunes you're old.

I got my FJR at age 50. Will be 54 this year. Started rining in high school around 1971. :clapping: :clapping:

Tender age of 61 here, but 185 pounds, and exercising everyday to keep riding, ahem, briskly. Still, I would have replied several pages ago, but had to find my glasses and then go pee a dribble.

No money when younger, so first bike had to wait until I was 23. That was a Triumph Trident, which taught me how to work on them. After wallowing around on a CB 750, and even a water buffalo Suzuki GT 750, I lit on a 78 GS1000 Suzuki, and life has not been the same since. Sport touring is where it is at. I ain't buying no Gold Wing. Have SV 650 and RZ 350 if I want one up Straffing mode.

Does speak well for the FJR though to see the wide age range in the demographic. Cliff

I'm 36 and bought my first bike in May 2006, an '03 with 9444 miles. I got it from a guy about 50 who said he was too old to ride a forward leaning bike. I doubled the mileage by October and sold it the same day I picked up my '06.

I did a lot of research and knew that I wanted a sports-tourer for what I wanted to do. I have always wanted a bike and with the price of gas finally realized that what I pay for in gas I can afford the bike and pay for the gas.

:blink: I guess there's no getting around "it", I am definitely on the downside of middle age.

52 years young and holding, but this is not mid-life crisis as have been riding since 1966 and

this is motorcycle number seven since college.

:yahoo: 28 and its my second bike about five years ago I had a GSXR 750, sold that and bought this 2 weeks ago I am a happy camper!!

Well let's see...I'm a mere 60 so............. Of course, with on-going health problems due to two neck operations that have been less than totally successful; riding currently is not something I can do. The Bell's Palsey that hit me last Friday doesn't help either.

Despite that, I'll keep the batteries charged and hope (and pray) that I improve so I can continue riding. I've only been riding since the Spring of 1964 so I'm NOT ready to stop now, especially with my magnificent '06 FJR and modified '04 1200R Sporty waiting for me! DFO :yahoo:

28 and still inclined to do stupid things.

picture037baf5.jpg

I love it.

I propose an "FJR ELDERS" breakfast at WFO Saturday morning. Only riders over 60 allowed. We can trade stories and dis all the young whipper-snappers.

Phil