Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our boy Dal, Jack, (my our last name is Daniel):Our girl Dal, Sydney, with the smirk telling you she knows she is in trouble, after she ate my YES paperwork:

All rescue, all wonderful additions to my life. :)
Your dalmatians are gorgeous! and I love the little girl's smirk. Been there, done that - with our Golden :D

Our boy Dal, Jack, (my our last name is Daniel):Our girl Dal, Sydney, with the smirk telling you she knows she is in trouble, after she ate my YES paperwork:

All rescue, all wonderful additions to my life. :)
Your dalmatians are gorgeous! and I love the little girl's smirk. Been there, done that - with our Golden :D
Thanks! Dals definitely know when they are in trouble, and do this thing called a "smarl", for half smile, half snarl. The effect is that their dad can't stay mad at them at all.... (D&H sent me a new policy, after laughing at my misfortune). :)

I have 2 beloved pets:

Jeepers... a 13+- year old male Cockatiel

Dakota... a 19+- year old female Cockatoo (AKA... Big & White)

Our Labradors:

Petey

2793502570098858932S425x425Q85.jpg

and his younger pal, Charlie

2516351980098858932S425x425Q85.jpg

My wife also has 3 house cats, Alley, Terrain, and the latest adoptee, Buster. But I do not share her enthusiasm for felines... :glare:

Up unitl the time we got our cat I was sure I had the only dog in the world without ESP. He doesn't know when someone is comming home, and even barks when I open the door, just like he does for strangers. Other than that he is the most wonderful, cooperative, and easy dog I've ever had except for his eating habits. When we got this dog I wanted to name him Rainman for his simularities to the character in that movie but as far as food goes he is anything but a creature of habit, as a matter of fact, if he is served the same thing two days in a row he goes on hunger strike faster than Ghandi at an all meat buffet.

No matter how quiet I pet the cat, or where we are in the house, he knows and comes in to break it up!

Our rescued Aussie Shepherd, Gabriel, when we got him he had a broken snout but now he can catch thrown popcorn like a circus act.

My Chocolate Lab I rescued from the ghetto. She is a great dog and very protective.

DSC00587.jpg

017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the canine crowd, Lady on the left, mixed breed from a shelter, and Toby on the right, Border Collie from BC rescue. Man's best friends. Think we have a couple cats too.

000_3518.jpg

We have always had a house full of pets – a variety of birds, salt and fresh water fish, cats and many rescued animals. My wife and I both have had horses all our life. My wife had a Sicilian Jackass, no, not a past boyfriend, a very striped dinky donkey.

This is our Rag Doll named Pierre, the baby faced assassin of all creatures small and squeaky. Pierre is from the northern part of Quebec hence the name. The breed is called Rag Doll because when you pick them up they turn their bones off and go limp like a... This breed also likes to spend most of their time sprawled out flat on their back in a most undignified way.

PIERRE5-1.jpg

IMG_2588bsm.jpg

This is T. Bear (came named), a Norwegian Forrest Cat. This is a kitten picture from when he was a little over a year old. This breed shares some heritage with Maine Coon Cats. The Wegie has a more massive bone structure, their body shape is broader and more square, has true webbed feet to snow-shoe with, is a strong swimmer and can run up and down trees chasing anything and everything. If you have squirrels that need disassembling, this is your cat.

IMG_2605asm.jpg

I’ll include these flying squirrels. When they were tiny babies they fell down our chimney and got stuck in our wood stove. We built a huge cage for them and raised them to adult size. In this first picture there are actually 3 squirrels in the tiny bird seed cup.

FlyersinCupsm.jpg

Approaching adult size:

FlyingSquirrel1.jpg

I built them this home after researching their needs. We put the house in their cage so they could move in and get accustom to it before we moved it outside. When we went to release them we stuffed the house with food to help them out, put a cork in the hole and hung it from a tree. They and the next generations still live in the house as our outdoor pets. You can see a little face peeking out of the house.

Image1.jpg

We've been petless for almost a year. Lost a total of 4 furry friends in just 2 years, all of old age.

Gone but not forgotten are,

Two rescued Greyhounds, a shy female called Ruff (Track name - Rowdy Ruff Ruff) and John (Navy Seal John) an 80 lb. male who was goofy, gassy and the most spirited, fun dog I've ever had.

And two cates, a Simese we called Dexter and a stray my son found in our yard as a kitten in the middle of winter with the very original name of Felix.

Kids are away at school and my wife and I both sorely miss having a critter around but we're not home much (both of us work a lot of hours) so training a puppy or a new rescue is just not possible right now.

Our most recent addition, Max, our Cocker Hound:

n1617474613_59235_1009.jpg

He's 4 years old, and a rescue from the SPCA

We also have Bruce Lee, an 11 year old orange tabby who was rescued by a friend of my wife's. His mom was feral, but the litter was saved and we wound up with him. He's the goofiest cat I have ever known, he's usually the one to wake us up in the morning.

Last April, we said goodbye to Benny, our 14 year old long hair cat. We're not sure what got him, but he woke us up in the middle of the night in distress, and we took him to the emergnecy hospital. It was only 4 hours later that we let him go, and it was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make. I put together a tribute to him thats up on youtube

We've been petless for almost a year. Lost a total of 4 furry friends in just 2 years, all of old age.
Gone but not forgotten are,

Two rescued Greyhounds, a shy female called Ruff (Track name - Rowdy Ruff Ruff) and John (Navy Seal John) an 80 lb. male who was goofy, gassy and the most spirited, fun dog I've ever had.
Dave,

Good on ya, for rescuing the Greys. Got any pics?

We rescued a pair of them here as well, just before we got Labs. We decided to get some "regular" dogs this time around, but I am positive that we'll have some of the big hounds come stay with us again some day. They are amazingly sweet and calm dogs, aren't they? But they do live relatively short lives, and require a different kind of care.

Captain Bart (blue brindle on left below) and TW's DD Dancer, aka "Danny" (multi-color on right).

Bart was a bit small for a male. He was thrown off the track early in his first season. We got him quite young, just about a year and a half old.

Danny was a much bigger boy, and apparently had better racing success. We got him after his second season (2 1/2). He had the (all-too-common) right rear leg fractured. It looked like they did a bad job of setting the leg, then tried to just heal him up and race him again only to have it break it again. That's when we got him. As I said, he must have won his owners some money or they wouldn't have kept him around for a 2nd season.

Here's a picture of our boys doing what they did best:

2415055550098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

Fred,

It's surprising to actually see a photo of retired greyhounds out of their natural environment. I don't see a couch anywhere in that picture!

;) :)

Fred,
It's surprising to actually see a photo of retired greyhounds out of their natural environment. I don't see a couch anywhere in that picture!

;) :)
Couches? You mean like this?

2463862350098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

Clearly, you are someone that understands Greyhounds... And here we see our young lab pup Petey getting some "advanced training" from the older 'hounds.

(Although they appear to be dead to the world, there were no greyhounds harmed in the making of this picture. ;) )

This thread is just heartwarming......single tear rolls down my cheek. I have some pet cockroaches in my house.....I know this because every once in a while one of them croaks and leaves itself on the floor somewhere in the house. Poor little stinky bastards. Where's me can of raid.....................................