Military Sport Bike Rider (MSRC) class

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have taken all of the courses the military has to offer on the FJR, only problem I had was the guys on sportbikes couldn't keep up.

. . . This new "Sport Bike" course is geared specifically towards the faster light weight machines that seem to be killing and maiming our troops. . ."

In our recent class with Lee Parks, he mentioned he just got awarded a contract with the Marines to teach MC riding. More soldiers killed on motorcycles than in Iraq in the same period of time. Conclusion: bomb Honda, Yamaha, etc.
Alternate conclusion: bomb the enemy WITH Hondas, Yamahas, etc. Let them kill THEMSELVES (think about all the sand on the roads in those parts).

And Hans, do you mention Lee Parks in every post now? :D

Total Control Training does have a contract with the Marines and is currently teaching 400 of them in the Southwest. We did our first series of two-day classes last week and will do two more this coming week. The class for the Marines is a two-day class that consists of Total Control Level 1 and Level 2. We have 36 students per class—about two thirds on sportbikes and the rest on cruisers. The students were hand picked and mostly are motorcycle club mentors, senior enlisted personal, officers and MSF trainers who work exclusively with the military.

The response has been overwhelming to say the least. After the second day of class we had an audience of riders that could not get into the class because they were full. In our after-action surveys many students stated that the MSRC should be replaced with Total Control because the MSRC was too basic and did nothing to teach students how to control high-performance sportbikes. Instead, the MSRC merely cautions its students to not ride fast. Total Control directly deals with high-performance motorcycling.

There will be an article in the Washington Times (National edition) within the next two weeks on the Total Control training at Pendleton. Also there is going to be a feature article in the American Legion magazine about Total Control and the Marines.

Click on the Total Control webiste for more information on levels 1 and 2.

On a personal note I have been humbled by the service of these students to our country, their dedication to keep each other safe and the positive attitudes towards learning new skills to enhance their riding. The Marines and other military riders have been like no other group of Total Control students that I have taught—and I have been teaching Total Control for over 10 years with Lee Parks. I’m looking forward to my next trip to Camp Pendleton. Tracy…