moore mafia ecu flash

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaiderBill

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has gotten the moore mafia ecu flash. I have had it since 2017 but started thinking it might be worth it to get a flash.

With their name, I would ask a lot of questions about their "nature". Are their tunes for top numbers or for DD and longevity?
I tried watching their video which supposedly explains it all but couldn't stay with it.

Last edited:
I watch a lot of his videos and he changes the settings on throttle opening where every bike is restricted from the factory. And all bikes are running lean. I plan on sending mine in this winter, so ill report back.

I watch a lot of his videos and he changes the settings on throttle opening where every bike is restricted from the factory. And all bikes are running lean. I plan on sending mine in this winter, so ill report back.
What year is your FJR? Appears that they only do 2016+.

I was wondering if anybody has gotten the moore mafia ecu flash. I have had it since 2017 but started thinking it might be worth it to get a flash.

What are you looking to gain from the flash?

Ivan's is tried and true but there's not a whole lot of performance to be gained. It does help ride-ability/throttle response on older Gens. I've got an '015 and frankly I don't see any need for a flash. But to each his own.

It looks a lot like the Woolich flash - Site.
It seems to do similar adjustments to Ivan's flash. Here in Oz, it works out to be around the same price as shipping to and from Ivan in the US. A local tuner has all the gear and can install maps, plus do a dyno tune to adjust.

What are you looking to gain from the flash?

Ivan's is tried and true but there's not a whole lot of performance to be gained. It does help ride-ability/throttle response on older Gens. I've got an '015 and frankly I don't see any need for a flash. But to each his own.
I had my ECU flashed by Ivan on my 09 and the reflash definately improves performance at all throttle positions. This was the best mod I made. My 02 cents.

I stopped watching shortly after he demonstrated the optional decel popping "feature". It won't hurt your bike (they claim) but you can see the mufflers start to glow red in the video. No thanks.
To me, that website (and the presenter) had a major Harley "Vibe" going on. Everything from their description of what the flash would do up to their "Punisher" corporate logo. Deliberate popping on decel - why would you even consider it?

As mentioned, there is not much to be gained in terms of raw horsepower but manners can be improved along with an additional drive mode for Ivan's flash. 2013 gets the CC MPH limit removed and (especially) early Gen II should see a significant improvement in lean throttle "snatch".

I wouldn't condemn this out of hand. It would be interesting to know how many FJRs they have done and what their specific claims are for this model. Any Dyno runs for FJRs?

I had my ECU flashed by Ivan on my 09 and the reflash definately improves performance at all throttle positions. This was the best mod I made. My 02 cents.

OK so that's on an '09 which could use the help. But I'm guessing your improved performance is really a throttle response improvement. Is there more horsepower at all throttle positions? Doubt it. Just better fueling. I personally don't think results of a flash on an '016 will be as dramatic.

It looks a lot like the Woolich flash - Site.
It seems to do similar adjustments to Ivan's flash. Here in Oz, it works out to be around the same price as shipping to and from Ivan in the US. A local tuner has all the gear and can install maps, plus do a dyno tune to adjust.
I just had a look at the Woolich site you linked and agree completely. It appears that they have the same (or very similar) list of models and sell interface and software to tune shops.
They include FJR 2016-23 and XJR 2006-16. Coincidence?

I was thinking about it but now I have a small leak on my triumph rocket 3 touring radiator. Either get it fixed or buy an aftermarket radiator. Since my Yamaha runs just fine I will spend my time and money on the triumph that needs it.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 0