moore mafia ecu flash

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about it but now I have a small leak on my triumph rocket 3 touring radiator. Either get it fixed or buy an aftermarket radiator. Since my Yamaha runs just fine I will spend my time and money on the triumph that needs it.
I had a small radiator leak on my FJR. I took it to a radiator shop and they injected some sort of flexible polymer to close off one of the 20+ cross tubes. Pinhole on the back side, not caused by a stone or obvious visible corrosion. (near top on left) No problems with overheating or further leaks in the two years I had the bike after that. Depending on the radiator, it might be able to be soldered/brazed but tough to do reliably on the thin aluminum alloy of most radiators. I think it cost me $40 or so. (I removed the radiator, sealed openings and pressurized it LIGHTLY with air - used a soap solution to pinpoint leak location. Would have cost much more if they did that stuff.) Yamaha wouldn't have done anything other than replace the radiator at enormous expense for parts and labor. Radiator looks quite accessible on the Rocket Not so much on an FJR.

I agree with what others have said - not much to be gained with a flash of a 2016. Certainly won't transform the ride.

Thanks Ross, I just sold my zx14r as it was going to put me in jail so I think I was trying to make my fjr into one. I will just fix my rocket and move on. My fjr is rock solid.