Moto GP Laguna-Seca roll call

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TellurideFJR

I likes to ride!
Reaction score
Yeah its the same weekend as WFO but Laguna-Seca is soooo fun. Who else is going?

DSCF0010-1.jpg

I'll be there. Still need to get my registration in for WFO but I made plans on the way home from last years race to go back again this year so I too will be leaving Eureka on Saturday in order to head to Laguna-Seca.

I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it... Like many others, I haven't missed many years either.

Where will you guys be staying? :yahoo:

I plan on riding the coast from Newport, OR (via Syracuse, UT) then to WFO-9 on to Laguna. Go Ben Spies! Anyone have suggestions on a cheap place to stay in the Monterey region? I'm retired military and may luck out at Presidio Bay (the old Fort Ord).

I plan on riding the coast from Newport, OR (via Syracuse, UT) then to WFO-9 on to Laguna. Go Ben Spies! Anyone have suggestions on a cheap place to stay in the Monterey region? I'm retired military and may luck out at Presidio Bay (the old Fort Ord).
I usually stay over in Salinas. Its the same distance from the track as Monterey, and a lot cheaper. Plenty of good restaurants as well.

Tickets showed up about 2 weeks ago. For those who did not pre-order they are offering a sweet deal for Admission, Paddock, Turn 4 Grandstand tickets, Parking, PARADE LAP YAMAHA ONLY on Friday and a goodie bag. I am going to try and get the parade lap/goodie bag gig for an upgrade. If you are still do not have tickets, check it out

https://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/tix-yamaha

Not attending, and can't claim to be any sort of expert on the area, but thought I'd pass something on. Just got back after spending a week watching the Open at Pebble Beach. Finding a place to stay nearby was downright stupid so we ended up in San Jose. Found this place on Orbitz and scored it for $79 a night. First class throughout although our bar-tab each night hurt a bit. Should have ventured out more as there were plenty of chain restaurants within a few miles. As far as travelling, took us under an hour into the parking lot of (the remnants of) Fort Ord going down 101 and picking up 68 through Salinas. Passed the raceway each day about ten or fifteen minutes before that. Not sure what the availability is closer in for race weekend but thought I'd offer the suggestion for what it's worth. Enjoy.

I'll be there as part of a 6 bike, 8 person group. We are camping at Big Sur just south of Monterey on the 1. Now, if only I can figure out how to pack 2 tents, three sleeping bags, three sleep pads, a small cooler, clothing, etc. all while riding with a pillion. At least its not fox hill again! I prefer the shade, running hot showers, and drive to Big Sur.