MotoFizz Camping Seat Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a medium that is on its way from 'sota, will be here on Friday. Need it for the Big Bend trip over Memorial Day.

Here's a pic of the large MotoFizz. Me mucho like. Very nice bag, but the directions are hell to read! +1 on the backrest.
IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg
I couldn't help but notice that the stock left side slip-on is missing. :dribble: What exhaust is that?

Muzzy full system with single carbon fiber can. Saves about 20 lbs, sounds schweeeeeet, no cat - so bike is noticably cooler. Some folks have complained of the mid-pipe touching the ground with aggressive right lean, but I've not experienced that. Either I ride like a puss...........or, my GP built forks and Penske rear shock are working! No touchy for me.

Exhaust system had decent build quality (I would think the welds on the header pipe could be a bit cleaner). Overall, I'm very pleased with it. If you go this route, you'll also need a PC III. After experimenting with a few maps, I'm using the Wally Smoothness / Holeshot map hybrid. Works like a charm!

Muzzy full system with single carbon fiber can. Saves about 20 lbs, sounds schweeeeeet, no cat - so bike is noticably cooler. Some folks have complained of the mid-pipe touching the ground with aggressive right lean, but I've not experienced that. Either I ride like a puss...........or, my GP built forks and Penske rear shock are working! No touchy for me.
Exhaust system had decent build quality (I would think the welds on the header pipe could be a bit cleaner). Overall, I'm very pleased with it. If you go this route, you'll also need a PC III. After experimenting with a few maps, I'm using the Wally Smoothness / Holeshot map hybrid. Works like a charm!
Thanks for the info! I really like how the shaft side looks without the stock can in place. The 20lbs savings is a great + 2.

FJRShanta

Very nice bag, but the directions are hell to read!
I agree w/ that! My large MotoFizz arrived today and I was somewhat bewildered w/ all the straps, buckles, D rings, etc on this thing. After some "fiddlin'" w/ the bag and a visit to the Japanese website (also useless for me since I can't read Japanese), I think I've got almost all figured out...even the little "X" thingy w/ 4 female buckles. The only thing I don't know how to use is what looks like a second, but smaller (1/2" wide), black shoulder strap. Any suggestions?

BTW, the bag appears to be very well made w/ lots of thought going into the design. I'm anxious to get it on the road.

The only thing I don't know how to use is what looks like a second, but smaller (1/2" wide), black shoulder strap. Any suggestions?

The x-strap is for securing the ends of the loop straps on the bike when you take your bag off. You can leave the loop straps attached to your bike and buckle them to the x-strap for riding without the bag and without having the loop straps flappin' in the wind.

The only thing I don't know how to use is what looks like a second, but smaller (1/2" wide), black shoulder strap. Any suggestions?

The x-strap is for securing the ends of the loop straps on the bike when you take your bag off. You can leave the loop straps attached to your bike and buckle them to the x-strap for riding without the bag and without having the loop straps flappin' in the wind.
I figured out what the x-strap is used for. But, still don't know what to do w/ the smaller shoulder strap w/ 2 clip-on buckles...at least, it looks like a small shoulder strap.

Also did a google search and read some reviews of this bag on several sites. A couple reviews identified the x-strap but none I found mentioned the smaller "shoulder strap."

I sent an e-mail to Aerostich...maybe they can help.

Also did a google search and read some reviews of this bag on several sites. A couple reviews identified the x-strap but none I found mentioned the smaller "shoulder strap."
Please let us know if you get a reply from 'Stich about why the smaller shoulder strap is there.

The small shoulder strap is for one of the side attachements that you can seperate from the bag and take with you, like a man purse.............!

The small shoulder strap is for one of the side attachements that you can seperate from the bag and take with you, like a man purse.............!
You know, I looked at that but on my detachable bag, it doesn't seem to have any attachment points. The female buckles on the detachable bag don't mate w/ the clip buckles on the small shoulder strap. But, I'll look again.

I've got this feeling I'm going to feel really dumb when I find out how this works...

Thanx for the reply(s)...

For those that already own one of these....

I'm planning on a 1 week trip later this year.

I'll be staying in motels mostly, so no extended camping equipment required (stove, tent, utensils, etc.).

Is it safe to assume that sans camping gear the medium bag is more than enough (along with the saddlebags) for the trip?

I don't have a top case.

Thanks,

John

The medium case is a perfect fit and will hold a ton. The large is nice if you want to bring tents, and gas with you and still have room to open the bag up to put things you buy in it to bring home. The big one is very big and could be overkill if you are not camping but let others jump in to see if they agree.

Please let us know if you get a reply from 'Stich about why the smaller shoulder strap is there.
Below is the reply I got from Aerostich...

"That is a shoulder strap. I am not sure what size bag you have (I told him I had a Large in my first e-mail...he must've missed that) but I believe it attaches to the two triangle plastic parts."

I sent a follow-up e-mail asking if they would look at a bag and the two shoulder straps, then, reply one more time.

Thanks for letting us know what Aerostich said...hopefully you'll get a more useful response the second time around. :)

You all cost me more $$$. Called Aerostich today to order the large and was told they're back-ordered again. No idea when the next shipment is due but hoping to have it for Americade. Unsure of which size to go with but the pictures here convinced me that the large looked fairly decent on the bike. Any negatives to it while I can still change my order?

You guys suck. Always making me spend more money every time I come here. I now have in my posession a medium MotoFizz bag. My god... did they include enough buckles on this thing?!?

The medium is plenty big for my needs. I wanted something easily detachable to hold all my camp gear, including a 4 man rei halfdome tent, sleeping bags, mats, kermit chair, tarp, poles, cooking stuff, etc..., and still have my hard bags for other stuff during those multi-week trips. I originally had a sealine bag, but this looks quite a bit nicer than a flourescent yellow tube strapped to the back seat of a black FJR.

But again, holy buckles batman! And that man purse attachment has got to go. For those looking for the answer to the shoulder strap, it's for the main bag. There are D rings on the top of the bag just inside the expansion zippers that you clip them to.

And let me say again, my god... look at all those buckles! I think this with my e52 and saddle bags should give me enough packing room for at least a month or two.

Cheers!

I have the medium size bag. Just curious where folks are attaching the rear attachment straps.....?

Also, the side zippers perfectly match the grab rail. I plan on putting some clear bra there when I get a chance, but to protect on the short term how about blue masking tape or vinyl tape? I'd think it's easier to deal with the adhesive residue than scuffs and scratches.

Aerostich update: Told yesterday that they expect their shipment to leave Japan around the middle of the month, getting to them sometime towards the last week of May, maybe sooner.