MotoFizz Camping Seat Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have been quietly lusting after these bags. After reading this thread I couldn't resist any longer and ordered a large from RWH. Did I hear right that they are back ordered? Nothing said as much when I placed my order. Hopefully that is not the case as I am counting on it for a trip to VA next week. Anyone have any intel?

You replied to a thread that's a year old. I think the backorders have been filled. ... I've had a large Motofizz bag for seven years. It's a great bag.

I got a large Motofiz Camping Seat bag from ARW two weeks ago.

They had it in stock and shipped it right to me.

The large works great for me.

With it expanded I can fit most anything I need, it isn't too large and still allows access to my sidebags.

Unexpanded, it's a handy size.

I see no reason to hesitate getting the large bag, it's fine for the FJR.

If it hadn't been for this forum, I'd have never found out about it.

Last edited:
Dude, go medium, the large is just too gdamn big, unless you're planning to haul for Mayflower or something.

I mean cmon, how much room do you need?

I too have been quietly lusting after these bags. After reading this thread I couldn't resist any longer and ordered a large from RWH. Did I hear right that they are back ordered? Nothing said as much when I placed my order. Hopefully that is not the case as I am counting on it for a trip to VA next week. Anyone have any intel?
I saw May 12th. Just assumed it was this year. Thanks for making me fell dumb :dribble: .

I need the room for all my uniforms and clothes for six weeks. Didn't want to be limited to two pairs of zip-off pants and sandles the whole time. That's why I went Large. Anyway, I saw how they looked on the bike - looks good.

I need the room for all my uniforms and clothes for six weeks. Didn't want to be limited to two pairs of zip-off pants and sandles the whole time. That's why I went Large. Anyway, I saw how they looked on the bike - looks good.
I am getting ready for a 3k trip for a 6 week training as well. I am required to have all uniform combos with me. I find that the issued duffel works great for all of the uniforms and the hard bags keep the trip supplies easily at hand. This'll be my 4th trip this way, but the first on the FJR.

GG

Dude, go medium, the large is just too gdamn big, unless you're planning to haul for Mayflower or something.
In my case, I usually travel 110 miles to another home I have.

I carry a couple days of clothes, underwear, shoes, and jacket for when I get there, a laptop computer, the liners for my riding clothes, and a small case with a few cigars in the Motofiz.

In my right saddlebag, I have basic deodorant, toothpaste, vitamins, socks, basic odds and ends in the Yamaha bag.

In my left saddlebag, I have my DirectTV box for when I get there, my raingear, a .45 or 10mm handgun with extra magazine in a fannypack.

This doesn't leave much extra room for more stuff.

When I get there, the large bag has plenty of room to carry groceries and other stuff.

Should I decide to travel cross country, some of this stuff would be replaced by stuff more appropriate for cross country travel.

My philosophy is, I'd rather have all the room I can get, at my disposal.

Especially when the large bag isn't too large for the FJR, even when extended.

YMMV

I carry a couple days of clothes, underwear, shoes, and jacket for when I get there, a laptop computer, the liners for my riding clothes, and a small case with a few cigars in the Motofiz.

In my right saddlebag, I have basic deodorant, toothpaste, vitamins, socks, basic odds and ends in the Yamaha bag.

In my left saddlebag, I have my DirectTV box for when I get there, my raingear, a .45 or 10mm handgun with extra magazine in a fannypack.

When I get there, the large bag has plenty of room to carry groceries and other stuff.

Should I decide to travel cross country, some of this stuff would be replaced by stuff more appropriate for cross country travel.

YMMV
I used to take too much shit with me too. I carry everything you mention with the exception of the cable TV box and weapons :) Just haven't found the need to carry on the bike yet.

I have a large waterproof bag for extra stuff, and last year dragged way too much stuff across the country and back including camping gear that didn't get used. If I had it to do over again. I'd take half as much stuff.

I've seen the motofiz bags, both medium (which I've tried to buy a couple times but is always back ordered when I want one) and the large, which you could use to smuggle Mexicans across the border with. It was far to big for my tastes.

But different strokes for different folks, I get that.

My left saddle bag is dedicated to moto stuff, tools, gloves, etc. Right side, heated gear, rain gear, and other stuff with room for a 6 pack if needed. Top case anything I want easy access to including laptop. Clothes which used to live in the right case now live in a single Ortlieb water proof bag. I can get 3-4 days worth of clothes in the medium case, a week or more in a larger water proof bag with tent and sleeping bag.

And compared to the guys I ride with I _STILL_ pack too much shit. :)

Oh and the one thing I learned on my cross country trip: There is a Walmart just about everywhere that will sell you what you need if you don't have it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The medium is a good size for general purpose use, but here's why I got a large Motofizz bag.

Back in 2007, for my 50th birthday, I rode from my home in Southern California up to Banff, where I met up with my wife for a week of fun and relaxation. From Banff I headed up the Alcan to Watson Lake, then down the Cassiar Hwy to Hyder, then south to Seattle and back to SoCal. Along the way, I camped every other night. It was 110+ in Nevada, and 40 and rainy in northern British Columbia.

The large Motofizz bag, along with the standard FJR side bags, let me carry everything I needed. Clothes; camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, basic cooking gear; etc.); extra, nicer clothes for the week in Banff; a cooling vest for the Nevada desert, and a full set of Widders and rain gear for BC; a complete tire kit plus extra tools for (possible) road side repairs out in the boonies, and a first aid kit.

On the way up to Banff, when I had some extra clothing, I extended the sides - but I was still able to open up the side bags with no problems. I sent my extra clothes home with my wife, so after Banff everything fit nicely in the unextended bag. As I mentioned in a previous post, the FJR handled like a dream, even at nominal speeds, and with the sides extended.

For a lot of trips, the large can be overkill, but for longer trips in less populated areas with varying climate and the need to pitch a tent, it's the bomb.

YMMV
Snip-

Top case anything I want easy access to including laptop.

Snip-
This reminds me of another reason I chose the large bag.

I'd read of problems with the mount for the Top Case breaking, and because of this I hesitate to buy one.

So I wanted the extra space the large bag offers because of this.

[quote name='inertiacoupling' post='592700' date='Jun 2 Snip-

Top case anything I want easy access to including laptop.

Snip-
This reminds me of another reason I chose the large bag.

I'd read of problems with the mount for the Top Case breaking, and because of this I hesitate to buy one.

So I wanted the extra space the large bag offers because of this.
Givi... Not Yamaha Top case...

Mounted to a Premier rack. My Subframe will break before it will come off which is a possibility if I continue to overload it.

Ok, so I'm all excited cause the MotoFizz I ordered for my summer trip to Wyoming just arrived via UPS!! :yahoo:

I open the box and whip it out (so to speak)... I think I may have a bit of a challenge following the directions... :blink:

555439481_Xbevy-L.jpg

555439384_Lk2m6-L-1.jpg

Ya well, guys are visual, so am guessing they don't expect anyone to even look at the instructions ;)

Good luck with that! Just remember, tab A goes into slot B :evilsmiley:

It says:
Place bag on bike and cinch down using supplied straps. I also says there is a detachable pack on the side and that sides zip out.

Enjoy,

John
Thank you for that translation! :lol:

Good luck with that! Just remember, tab A goes into slot B :evilsmiley:
I have no problems with my slots and tabs... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I open the box and whip it out (so to speak)...
And there's a collective ***gasp*** from the crowd!

Tyler - you are a NAUGHTY girl!

Did you get a 'medium'?

My SO GSJane called to order earlier this week and they no longer had large. (Which made her decision easy, medium it is!) They said they had no idea how long until the larges get back in as the supplier is not the most reliable.

She gets to try it out next week on a 5 day trip to southwestern Colorado. We had hoped for a two week trip as I wanted to get her to northwest Wyoming (she's never been), but that didn't work out. Bummer, as I know she would absolutely love Jackson/Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. And I wanted to ride the Beartooth Highway and Cheif Joseph Scenic Byway. I have yet to do either.

Me thinks you are going to have a good time, girl.