MotoMark1 Strategic Riders Course

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E1Allen

Youngster
Reaction score
Well I took this course yesterday and it had quite a bit of info for me to take in. The main focus of the class was emphasis on the fact that most MC crashes occur from improper curve negotation. Most of us know that the bike goes where the head and eyes go. This course was based mostly head and eye movement through curves and low speed turning manuvers. It helped quite a bit. In the video you can see what I mean. They critiqued the videos of everyone in the class and he had no qualms about mine so I guess I did something good. It did make me feel a little better to know that I could throw my 640+ pound bike around through the circle a lot better than the guys on the sportbikes in the class:) Yesterday was the first time I scraped a peg down and it actually scared me a little bit. But after the first few times it wasn't so bad after that. If you listen on the second time around going through the large half circle curve It scraped again. The video was attached to a vest if you are wondering how they got the picture.

Video Link

102_4383.jpg

This little 200cc bike they brought out in case one of the bikes quit. Some lil chinese Lifin thing he said cost $1200 and comes in a box just about ready to go. I took it out for a little spin. I would call it interesting I guess.

102_4393.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: