Motovation sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Plain Dave

Just Plain Dave
Reaction score
I just got some Motovation sliders and their instructions lack something. They list 2 wrenches you need. One is a 12mm allen wrench and the other is a 14mm box wrench.

As it turns out, unless I am totally screwed up, (very possible) the allen head bolts in the package require a 10mm and an 8mm allen wrench. Being as I haven't removed the fairing yet, I don't know what the 14mm box wrench is for. I'm sure it will be obvious when I get there.

My question is, if they are that screwed up on sizes, how accurate are their torque requirements. (They say 40 ft-lbs) I have a manual, but I'm apparently too stupid to find a picture of the bolts that must be removed and replaced with longer ones.

If someone would either point me to the page in the manual, or tell me what the torque specs are, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JPD :blink: :blink: :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moto Installation
The above link is for 2004/ 2005.  2006 will be a little different.  I believe it is fairly straight forward.
If you look at that link it says you need a 12mm allen wrench and a 14mm box end wrench. Neither are needed for this farkle. You need a 10mm allen to install the brackets and an 8mm to put on the sliders.

I loosened the bolts with a torque wrench and all four broke loose at 28-30 ft-lbs. When I installed the new ones I used loctite and set the bolts at 35 ft-lbs. Hopefully that will suffice.

Thanks