MSR Fuel Bottle. FAIL!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, at 40 mpg, that tank will get me 256 miles, max. What if the gas station is 266 miles away? Huh, Doug?
Nice try Mikey, I have never ridden where you can't find gas within 256 miles.

Now if you were on a hardley ableson with a peanut 3.2 gal tank you may have a point!
It's easy to find gas within 256 miles (or even 266) if you ride in a straight line. In the daytime. On a weekday.
laugh.png

I like the looks of it, John, and the price is very good. But they're selling it as a hydration bag, so I want to ask you, when you mount it, I'm guessing you keep the filler end up (not down like in the picture?) Just in case? And thanks for an actual useful idea, too!!

^^^^^Doug, Sam, Don, Ray, Phil, AJ and Kevin: I don't know about you Guys, but this is the last time I try to help out this Sacramento Jamtart eh!^^^^^

oscar-wilde.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the looks of it, John, and the price is very good. But they're selling it as a hydration bag, so I want to ask you, when you mount it, I'm guessing you keep the filler end up (not down like in the picture?) Just in case? And thanks for an actual useful idea, too!!
Yep, I keep the filler cap topside, strapped down flat to my Kreiga tail pack. I too was skeptical about it's ability to hold fuel reliably, but all posts on ADVrider & TT that i've read reported it works just fine for fuel. The only issue is restraining it on the back of a bucking Beta as it is much like trying to strap down a hot water bottle. Shouldn't be much trouble on a street bike, unless you do goat trails like I did on my Gen I.

You're welcome for the tip and as usual, it takes an average of 4 pages of sexual innuendoes, atrocious puns and out and out harrassment to get an answer here.

(Wouldn't have it any other way)
wink.png

Yep, I keep the filler cap topside, strapped down flat to my Kreiga tail pack. I too was skeptical about it's ability to hold fuel reliably, but all posts on ADVrider & TT that i've read reported it works just fine for fuel. The only issue is restraining it on the back of a bucking Beta as it is much like trying to strap down a hot water bottle. Shouldn't be much trouble on a street bike, unless you do goat trails like I did on my Gen I.

You're welcome for the tip and as usual, it takes an average of 4 pages of sexual innuendoes, atrocious puns and out and out harrassment to get an answer here.

wink.png
John, you SUCKASS!: from Doug, Sam, Don, Ray, Phil, AJ, BDS and Kevin!

I am unfamiliar with what guy sucks what and how such sucking is carried out. I plan on remaining both ignorant and apathetic (do not know, do not care) on the topic. I will defer to those who seem to be experienced and skilled suckers.

wink.png
Way to go, gotta keep this thread going numbnuts, 2 more pages to go before it's done!

Oh, thanks for posting the good deed quote author, I use it often, but thought it was originally penned by your red headed stepson, HRZ......
rolleyes.gif

wink.png
Way to go, gotta keep this thread going numbnuts, 2 more pages to go before it's done!

Oh, thanks for posting the good deed quote author, I use it often, but thought it was originally penned by your red headed stepson, HRZ......
rolleyes.gif
No Juan, this was the famous quotation of AJ 'Zilla ese:

tumblr_n6pcfunZnO1qdae2mo1_500.jpg

wink.png
This thread is still way below it's "JSNS" quota. Still got a ways to go.

Here's something I carry so that I have an emergency fuel container with me. This is a one gallon coffee container that Starbucks uses when it sells coffee in bulk. The bag has a metallic coating and will not be harmed by fuel. Combine this with 3 feet of aquarium tubing to use as a siphon and you'll always have the ability to carry fuel that you've purchased, stolen or borrowed. Takes very little space. When I asked to buy a new bag at Starbucks the counterperson just gave me one for free....YMMV.

IMG_1226_zpsgwsuknfb.jpg

IMG_1228_zpsk5ea0gvn.jpg

Great idea, Pterodactyl. Might be the thing that gets me into a Starbucks for about the third time ever. I always carry a few feet of tubing for a siphon, but have never had to get fuel into the bike with it. I ordered one of CAJW's Dromedary bags for trips, but the Starbucks liner thing can just live in my side case with the tools and first aid kit.

I've got MSA fuel bottles that are decades old and still wont leak unless overfilled. I'd be mad if one leaked too.

Oh, thanks for posting the good deed quote author, I use it often, but thought it was originally penned by your red headed stepson, HRZ...... :rolleyes:
What the Hell did I do??

rolleyes.gif
What the Hell did I do??
We don't have enough room for that discussion here, AJ please start a separate thread! JSNS, Thank You!