MTF's 2016 Rides Released

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I will just copy and paste"

"Building on a good 2015 riding season with the MTF, your LDC would like to present an even better 2016 Ride Card:

- Week of April 24th: 50CC/100CCC between SDO & JAX. NOT tied to the IBA Pizza Party this time, to allow more optimal riding weather, per multiple requests!

- Week of May 22nd thru Memorial Day: Destination Hyder! with the Flower Sniffers!!!
- Big ride to Hyder for 2016 will be a UCC/UCCC with Hyder as a mandatory stop on Saturday, May 28th
- Hyder to Hyder 2.4 IF, yes IF, we can make alternative arrangements for Hyder, AZ documentation (the only store is now closed)
- Saddlesores from Pittsburgh & DFW (3K), Cheyenne & MSP (2K), like this year (they worked!)
- Would like to add more starting locations, including an all kilometers ride from Ottawa to Stewart, BC - depending on interest, watch this space.

- June 18/19: Regional Saddlesore Weekend Event, Round 1
- Multiple host cities (want to host? Let us know!)
- More than just our traditional SS1K events
- Will offer SS1K, BB1500, BBG, SS2K and SS2K GOLD opportunities

- September 10/11: Regional Saddlesore Weekend Event, Round 2

- Week of September 18th: Custom Ride-ins to Founders' Feast
- Working on the details for pre-submittal of rides and pre-approval of routes
- We'll offer as much of the IBA menu as is practical - Anybody want to end their 48Plus! at Founder's Feast? <GRIN>

For those who caught the Alternative LD Hosting Model thread, there are currently 2 Alternative Host events in the works for 2016 and I will stop with that teaser so that your hosts can announce their rides themselves.

Respectfully submitted,
Your MTF Long Distance Committee"

I am planning on riding with them for the 50CC THW (The Hard Way) NY to San Fran. on Sept. 10th/11th (?)

Once out in California, I might ride the "Heaven To Hell"

+1 on these rides. I did the Cheyenne to Hyder last year. I want to add more rides in 2016 to my life, not sure it will be possible as I will be changing jobs in the near future. I am trying to negotiate extra vacation time to accommodate the Butt Lite VIII.