• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Muffler Tailcones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week I had four stale twenty dollar bills in my wallet and severe farkling withdrawal syndrome.

SV400032-1.jpg

Much thanks to Gary for solving both problems, with another fantastic product!

V

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know as I need any bling hanging off the back of my exhaust, but a shag license plate cozy on the other hand... :clapping:
Yes, Gary's work is high quality. Got my satin black tailcones a while ago and also noticed a nice "burbling" sound on decel. But I really want to know if the shag licence cozy is made by Gary also? If so, put me next on the list for one!!

LOL .....the shag plate....that is funny. hell it shoud be legal, cause it looks so shag-a-lish-ous.

the wash mit was the first thing i saw to cover the plate for the photo I sent to Gary.

cadman

Well, as posted on another thread, some riders have commented that these produce a "burgling" sound, primarily at idle. Our R&D dept has fixed it so it sounds normal and all new ones will be "burgleless". :huh: Also, if you already have a set and wish not to hear the "burgling", send me a PM and I will send you a set of inserts to cure it. The fix is to remove the tailcones, insert the inserts and reinstall the tailcones. PM me if you want a set of "burgleless" tailcones - $80 del stateside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as posted on another thread, some riders have commented that these produce a "burgling" sound, primarily at idle. Our R&D dept has fixed it so it sounds normal and all new ones will be "burgleless". :huh: Also, if you already have a set and wish not to hear the "burgling", send me a PM and I will send you a set of inserts to cure it. The fix is to remove the tailcones, insert the inserts and reinstall the tailcones. PM me if you want a set of "burgleless" tailcones.
so, you can install them without the inserts and see if you like the burgle, first?

then using the inserts will remove the burgle?

wow, versatile product... :yahoo:

Personally , I like the "burgaling" sound! Without going into too much detail, how do the inserts work?

Yes I would like to buy a pair of the satin black inserts. Can I send you a check or have BofA send one to you to include the shipping and nay tax? Tell me what the total is and your address and I will have the check sent to you.

We had talked previously about your rack for my FJR1300AE but at this time I have decided not to purchase it.

Thanks,

Rick Glaiberman

email: [email protected]

501 West Kamm Avenue #1

Kingsburg, CA 93631

Finally got my satin ones installed this past weekend.

I picked up a satin set when I had my wife's tank painted.

They look great on the bike, I have received several comments from people in my parking lot at work this week.

Nice thing about having dedicated motorcycle parking, we all notice when someone does something new to their bikes.

Very nice product again Gary!!!!

Holiday deal - for a limited time, I have lowered the delivered cost on these tailcones to $75. They make a great gift to give to your best Feejer friend. :rolleyes: You can order them in either satin black, Raven gloss black or engine gray. PM me if you want a set. B)