Must Have Really Liked This Bike!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 miles is a lot of milage in two years considering it was probally just rolled on and off the trailer at Sturgis, Daytona ect... :lol:

10 miles is a lot of milage in two years considering it was probally just rolled on and off the trailer at Sturgis, Daytona ect...  :lol:
WHOA...that's really COLD. More than likely true but cold just he same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Daytona is now becoming "Trailer Week" more every year. Its not just HD's either. I was just in St Augustine, FL today and there were a couple Gold Wings on trailers. Last I checked its not snowing anywhere in the US, it is a touring bike, so WTF! I see HD dressers on trailers too so that is not a know on the Honda crowd. The GW is a great bike.

I can see if you have an all out chopper full of bling and you live in CA, you are not going to ride it to Sturgis, Daytona or anywhere else probably. But when you have a bike fully decked for touring and you trailer it, I don't get it.

With all of the new gear out there now, you can pretty much stay comfortable in just about any weather, Hot, Cold, Wet, Dry, etc.

Anyway its fun to pick on the HD crowd, I have three in addition to my 05 FJR, but I will say there are a lot of HD riders that really log the miles on their bikes, just like a lot of FJR riders.

Finally love the new site. Will support both of them as there is a lot of good information to be shared. Once the Hatfields and McCoys settle down it should be business as usual. B)

Yeah, Daytona is now becoming "Trailer Week" more every year. Its not just HD's either. I was just in St Augustine, FL today and there were a couple Gold Wings on trailers. Last I checked its not snowing anywhere in the US, it is a touring bike, so WTF! I see HD dressers on trailers too so that is not a know on the Honda crowd. The GW is a great bike.
Saw a brand new GW in a pickup in Arkansas last week during my cross-country trip. I had the same reaction: WTF :blink: It was probably headed to Honda Hoot in Knoxville but it's a 'Wing -- ride the damn thing.

boardsNbikes

Last year on the way to Sturgis I did a little survey on the way out. I hit I90 at Worthington, MN. on the Saturday of the first weekend. I counted bikes on the freeway heading west that I passed or passed me. I counted bikes on open trailers. For enclosed trailers I counted 1 bike. Some were big enough to hold a six or more but I kept the count conservative. I counted from Worthington to Ellsworth. Total stats, 792 bikes, 32%, or 257 were being ridden. The remaining 2/3rds were on trailers. The more eye opening number was the helmet count on the bikes being ridden. I counted 7 helmets including mine. 2 of those other 6 were the plastic German WWI type helmet the Milwaukee riders tend to favor. So it was really 5 helmets (<2%) that were truly certified.

Sturgis truly has become a parody of itself. The largest trailer and motorhome rally in the west. A walk thru downtown reminds me of the lastest Star Wars opening with people dressed up as Chewbacca or Luke Skywalker. Only here they are pretending to be bikers. Does make for some very interesting people watching though! Traffic jams that make Chicago look like a super speedway.

I have been going every other year since '76. 35K people that year. I think last year was 525K to 550K. It is outgrowing the infrastructure for the area.