My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard, I looked at one today at the Skagit Powersports.

I think the bike looks better than the pictures show. :clapping:

It's a good thing that menu has a reset because escapefjrtist was doing a deep dive in the menu. Thought for awhile the dealership would have to sell the bike in Canada because the miles per hour disappeared,[not really].

The bike is 003 and I was more impressed than I thought I would be.

Did you happen to notice if they changed the way they do the grounding blocks or are they the same as the GenIIs? I can't be the only one wondering.
Not sure why everyone is so concerned with this???
Yeah, really! Any Gen II pilot will tell you how perfect and 100% electrically trouble-free their bikes are, so what's the big deal?
First of all when the Gen 2 bikes came out, nobody knew there would be grounding issues. The motorcycle press hailed the Gen2 FJR as the perfect improvement to an already great motorcycle. Second, just what the hell were we supposed to buy from '06 to '12 instead of an FJR? Were we supposed to buy a Concours 14? Or were we supposed to just wait for the unknown future FJR that would be completely perfect?

I truly hope the Gen3 is a completely troublefree bike. I hope it sets the standard by which all other Sport Touring motorcycles are judged. If it turns out to have some unforseen issue in a couple years will all those singing its praise now turn and curse it for garbage? Let's hope not.
Don't forget his superior gen 1 bike grenaded it's own motor awhile back. Yeah they all have their ups and downs.

Richard, I looked at one today at the Skagit Powersports.

I think the bike looks better than the pictures show. :clapping:

It's a good thing that menu has a reset because escapefjrtist was doing a deep dive in the menu. Thought for awhile the dealership would have to sell the bike in Canada because the miles per hour disappeared,[not really].

Good times playing with the dash...don't know how keen I am toggling the dash to get to grips and windshield though. Master reset would will come in handy with me!! :blink:

FJR12.jpg

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway that someone with a 13 could do a controlled gas milage run? First in sport mode then the same route in touring/eco mode, to see what difference there is in milage between the two modes.Say a nice 100 mile route

Is there anyway that someone with a 13 (other than Fairlaner or Warchild, because those two have absolutely no control over their right wrists!) could do a controlled gas milage run? First in sport mode then the same route in touring/eco mode, to see what difference there is in milage between the two modes.Say a nice 100 mile route
Fixed.

Is there anyway that someone with a 13 (other than Fairlaner or Warchild, because those two have absolutely no control over their right wrists!) could do a controlled gas milage run? First in sport mode then the same route in touring/eco mode, to see what difference there is in milage between the two modes.Say a nice 100 mile route
Fixed.
That's Funny! :lol:

can we get another color than this greenish/grey looking thing? :crazy:
Absolutely. You can paint it any color you want to after you purchase it.

C'mon man...you've been around for awhile. If you looked at the Yamaha website...or even if you didn't...You already know the answer to the question you asked...

:D

can we get another color than this greenish/grey looking thing? :crazy:
Absolutely. You can paint it any color you want to after you purchase it.

C'mon man...you've been around for awhile. If you looked at the Yamaha website...or even if you didn't...You already know the answer to the question you asked...

:D
Haha... Mark beat me to it. I was gonna say, you can have any color bike that Krylon puts out. :p

I really don't understand men (you know, the ones with a Y Chromosome?) having all of this angst about what color these bikes (let alone anything else) is. If you really want a different color change it! It's only paint fer crissakes.

Disclaimer: this is coming from a man (checking for Y) yes man, that has a Bass Bote Blue bike and actually likes the color.

Richard, I looked at one today at the Skagit Powersports. <snip>

FJR12.jpg

--G
That's interesting that 003, 013 ended up in WA state, 025 in CA, and 004 in my little dealer in Titusville, FL. These bikes were all in sight of each other on the assembly line.......

2013FJR001.jpg

That's interesting that 003, 013 ended up in WA state, 025 in CA, and 004 in my little dealer in Titusville, FL. These bikes were all in sight of each other on the assembly line.......
Maybe a Where's Waldo type thread would be fun to track all the VIN's across the country.

OTOH, the thread would go off the rails by post #10...never-mind. :lol:

--G

Maybe a Where's Waldo type thread would be fun to track all the VIN's across the country.

OTOH, the thread would go off the rails by post #10...never-mind. :lol:

--G
That or an informal observance of the first serial #s by the folks here. When you go to the dealer to lust after the new FJR, take a look/pic of the VIN.

I wish I could go for #4, but my beautiful Gen 2 (free of all electrical issues except those added by me!) still has lots of life left. In another 150K or so, I'll be ready!