My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Smuggler came out good....

file_zps52ade98a.jpg

file_zps3e8b88f4.jpg

I will say that they were painted by a local bodyshop and not a rattle can.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
No pictures?
It didn't happen...
I know. When it's ready, I'll post it. It's not perfect like Fairlaner's....yet! If I were a real painter, my pics would look just like his. I'm getting there. Mine is rattle can and I think his was done from a proper can of paint by a pro.

Wow!!!! all I can say is WOW, that is a great looking bike, I love the changes they have made, once again WOW!!!!

I took delivery of my 2013 model about a month ago in Australia and at this stage still have my trusty 2006 model.

The positives are:

1. The smooth throttle response

2. Cruise control

3. Electronics

4. Appearance

The negatives are:

1. Change from 2 horns to one (nickel and dimeing by Yamaha)

2. No shock absorber mudflap (same comment)

3. Having to remove the centre console cover to remove the battery cover )hate to do this on the side of the road)

4. The seat seems firmer (I am still investigating this)

5. My wife feels that the pillion footpegs are mounted higher, making her knees uncomfortable (This may be due to the thicker footrest pads so I will try the GenII pads)

My biggest problem is with high frequency vibration that seems to come through the seat and footpegs above 4,000 rpm. There is a lot more vibration than my GenII so I am interested in knowing if anyone has had the same experience with a GenIII.

Is the TBS adjustment still applicable with the new setup on the GenIII throttle body?

I was also told yesterday that there is an ECU update coming in the next few days to stop backfiring on downhill runs. Apparently the problem has not been reported in Australia but has been experienced elsewhere so the update will be available to all.

Dave

I was actually talking about the vibration yesterday, in my experience I find the vibs less on my 3 than i did on my 08........Have not heard anything about the ECU update....no back firing here.

R

same here. No backfiring and vibes about the same as my 07.

I'm curious to knowl how willing dealers are to "deal" off the MSRP. I've never bought a brand new bike and the '13 gets my heart pumping. Gorgeous piece of machinery. I love my Gen I but.....THIS! Mama mia!

I did get my dealer to drop a bit but they knew that they would only be receiving 2 bikes for the entire year, which made them less hungry!

I'm curious to knowl how willing dealers are to "deal" off the MSRP. I've never bought a brand new bike and the '13 gets my heart pumping. Gorgeous piece of machinery. I love my Gen I but.....THIS! Mama mia!
Also, look in the for sale section. There were a couple of pristine '13 bikes there a few days ago that could be had for a very nice savings.

IIRC, D & H had their '13s for $14,299...probably the best you're going to find anywhere. I'd wager another $500 over that is about the best you'll find.

Already been said, there's two great used deals on '13s right now.

Good luck!

--G

R,

Any update on the Gen 1 FZ-1 mirrors mounted to your Gen 3 FJR? Straight fit, or mods needed? Thanks!

Latest posts