My 50/60/70 Ride (4 corners) Help me plan stops and places to see!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ralph, how's your French holding out?
It did not help me talk my way out of a fricken performance award in Dorian, PQ, where a local cop says I was going 70 kph in a 50 kph zone. When I asked where it had changed since I did not see a sign, he said, it was in the batch of signs a couple of blocks back. So I was going 42 mph in a 30 zone for about a block and a half. First ticket in 51 years of riding and I have been really careful this trip, to no avail. FOOK.
FYI...You don't have to pay tickets in Canada...unless you plan on going back.

Sad to see it Ralph. I'd consider Joe's advice if I were you. I came SO close on the NYS Thruway just as I entered from PA the other day (yeah, yeah, I know. The Thruway? I was pushing to get to Buffalo to meet my sister at noon as promised). Anyway, an FJR had just picked up his ticket at the booth and I wanted to catch up. Maybe I knew him from the forum--I did,too. Sort of. "MikeH."

Anyway I was hurrying. REALLY hurrying. Coming up fast on him, he suddenly slowed and tapped the brakes a couple times, then pointed ahead. There was a trooper crosswise in the median. He must have been looking north cuz there was NO way he'd have overlooked the speed I was making. I can't say it would have been my first speeding ticket in fifty years, dammit, but it sure would have been my first in this trip. My lucky day.

Ralph, What do those Coq Suqeurs charge for an award like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
$115 and 2 points. Not sure if the points will get to Oregon. Since I travel to Canada regularly, no choice about skipping it. Paid at a bank in Sherbrooke this AM. In Houlton, NE Maine tonight, Hoping to run to Halifax and back to Fredricton tomorrow if the damn weather is decent. Another cold rainy day today.

It did not help me talk my way out of a fricken performance award in Dorian, PQ, where a local cop says I was going 70 kph in a 50 kph zone. When I asked where it had changed since I did not see a sign, he said, it was in the batch of signs a couple of blocks back. So I was going 42 mph in a 30 zone for about a block and a half. First ticket in 51 years of riding and I have been really careful this trip, to no avail. FOOK.
Hey Buddie, a little perspective might help.

You are out riding on your 'lifetime' 'big-bucket' trip.

You have your health, finances, and brides blessings.

So you get a fucking ticket.

Big Deal, Ralph....

..no, not so much..

now then, ride on, enjoy,

most likely you'll not be able to do this ride again.

Do you remember Tim, Twowheelnut?

fuck.gif

Hugs n' Kisses

Hey Buddie, a little perspective might help.

You are out riding on your 'lifetime' 'big-bucket' trip.

You have your health, finances, and brides blessings.

So you get a fucking ticket.

Big Deal, Ralph....

..no, not so much..

now then, ride on, enjoy,

most likely you'll not be able to do this ride again.

Do you remember Tim, Twowheelnut?

fuck.gif

Hugs n' Kisses
Thanks, Don. I needed the wake up call on that. You are absolutely right! This a great adventure even if it won't stop fucking raining, oh wait, so what...

Wish you were here, sorta, actually, its starting to piss me off that Scarlett won't take my calls about meeting me on the road.

Whining about rain from a guy that lives in Portland Or. Come on Ralph you'll be bitching about the heat and bugs soon.:) :) :)

Just had breakfast (I had wonton soup ) with himself.

He seems none the worse for wear. Right now, he's soldiering on to Halifax for a photo op and turning right around for the Montreal run. He may - or may not - make it back to Freddy tonight

We talked briefly about the joy of heated gear ...

Met him heading to Halifax around 3:30 this afternoon. Shame that he is not heading a little further east. FYI - the weather was beautiful here today.

Canadian FJR

Met him heading to Halifax around 3:30 this afternoon. Shame that he is not heading a little further east. FYI - the weather was beautiful here today.

Canadian FJR
He DID get to Peggy's Cove!
He called me around 18:30 to say he was leaving there and hoping to get to Moncton. It's going to a long, dark ride :( Hopefully, he'll stop in Amherst ...

I did, in fact, stop in Amherst. Tired and cold helped me make a prudent decision. Once again, 3rd motel finally had a room, go figure.

What a great day! Warm and sunny! Peggy's Cove was the perfect easterly turnaround point for me. What an incredibly pretty place! And the last 10 miles of so ride is a real treat! Thanks to all for the support and comments. Great to see you, MEM.

Back to Montreal now to meet Marianne and then 2 weeks or so down to Key West.

Met Ralph and his wife Marilyn for a cup'a Joe and a handshake this morning in Hampstead. They were some last minute arrangements as we'd just returned yesterday afternoon from a long weekend up at Acadia NP in Bah Habah, Maine.

I told him all that cold and rainy weather is behind them now, and they are off to the south and west after this.

Wished that they had more time to go out and play on some of the crappy New England roads, but they do have a schedule in mind, and you just can't do everything, even when you have two whole months to do it in.

Ride safely, my friends!

Met Ralph and his wife Marilyn for a cup'a Joe and a handshake this morning in Hampstead. They were some last minute arrangements as we'd just returned yesterday afternoon from a long weekend up at Acadia NP in Bah Habah, Maine.
I told him all that cold and rainy weather is behind them now, and they are off to the south and west after this.

Wished that they had more time to go out and play on some of the crappy New England roads, but they do have a schedule in mind, and you just can't do everything, even when you have two whole months to do it in.

Ride safely, my friends!
Thanks, Fred, Marianne and I both really enjoyed our short meet and hope we can do more one day in the future!

Safe riding to you. Love that new red scooter...

Oops. Don't tel Marianne that I got her name wrong. I actually went back and forth over it. Had a 50-50 chance, so of course I got it wrong! ;)