My dad was killed in a motorcycle accident 07/29

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother Jim was Killed on a Saturday morning as well. July 11, 2015 at 10:07 AM riding with 2 friends from Church. He was 60. I too stress the importance of point #4. Jim and I were only 4 years apart and were close. My life will never be the same, I miss him dearly still. But knowing without a doubt he is with his Lord and Savior and I will see him again someday gives me the only peace from this tragedy.

Very sorry for your loss, thanks for the reminders to loose the grudges and let those who are special in our life know it

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and also grateful for the time and feeling you put into your message for all of us.

One of the most valuable lessons I have learned over the years visiting these forums came from a post on the ZX6R forum from a dad who took the time to post a very personal message about the loss of his son at a racing event. The two of them had a wonderful relationship and racing was at the center of that connection, and unfortunately his son passed as a result of an on-track incident during a race in which they were both competing.

Whenever I have issues with my own sons (and there are many) I think back to the message he delivered about the meaning and depth of the connection to family, and it helps me get over the anger and frustration and return back to the importance of letting those around know that they are important and the foundation of our lives. I carry his son's number on my track bike as a reminder.

Bless you and your family.....

So very sorry for your loss. Losing a dear loved one so suddenly brings overwhelming grief and unanswered(unanswerable?) questions. Life is so short sometimes.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the story to us. I hope that process is helping you and your family cope with this tragic loss.

Thoughts and prayers.

Able, I'm so sorry for your loss brother! I saw your post on FB over the weekend but didn't realize that it was your father. Although I didn't know him, from my brief time having lunch with you as I passed through Kansas last summer I know he had to be a great man, because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Condolences to all who know and love him and to you and your family stose85. May your Dad rest in peace. As you said, you will be with him again someday.

Stay strong...

thank you for sharing. Sorry for you and your family's loss. I fully understand the prospective that he was doing something that he enjoyed as I have know others through the years in similar situations.

All you can say has been said here, so just another voice of sympathy, hoping that there's some comfort in the surge of support from all us all together. It's such a terrible blow, but I'm glad to hear you and your family take solace in your shared faith.

So very sorry to hear this and my my prayers for all of during this time of loss.

Sorry for your unexpected loss. Very glad to hear that your dad is right with God and is with Him now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family, and my thoughts and well wishes are with you.

Echoing what everyone else says and feels, the Redfishes are sorry for your loss.

As you know I came very close to this same sad ending back in February but I was there with my Dad when he stopped breathing. Thanks to hppants and the Good Lord we had a happy ending.

I have had plenty of time to ponder this situation and I hope it brings you some comfort knowing your father died doing something he loved and also that he did not suffer a lingering death. My Dad assured me he would rather die on his motorcycle than suffer a long slow death. Since Pop had just recently been to the other side, I am sure he knows.

Even though I am crying as I type this I have to smile a little bit too. I am positive that BeemerdonS and Big Sky just found a new riding partner.

I have had plenty of time to ponder this situation and I hope it brings you some comfort knowing your father died doing something he loved and also that he did not suffer a lingering death. My Dad assured me he would rather die on his motorcycle than suffer a long slow death.
Was thinking about these words of wisdom. Thanks Fish for writing this.

Stose85: I appreciate more than I can say... the things you wrote on this forum. You reached out to say something constructive in response to what you are going through. That says volumes about how your dad brought you up, about your own heart, and of course your faith.

Concerning point number four: Many have voiced a few words about their faith on this forum, I know I have. Interesting that the forum has been kind in response to this sort of thing. Though your words were a little more urgent than most have been through the years, your experience has been more wrenching than what most of us have ever experienced as well. Thank you for the courage you have displayed here. Needless to say, you and your family will be in my prayers. May the Lord himself comfort your heart in ways that we only wish we could. I was thinking of the words of a song many of us know well. "Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come..." Riding a motorcycle is a great thrill and can indeed be a great danger. How important it is that we remember to take heed to so much of the great advice posted on this forum through the years (about riding safely), and of course to that which you said today as well.

Gary