My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^ RER is referring to this tip from above. I have helped install one MV riser but seems reasonable to get additional cable slack.

FYI. I secured the brake line manifold back into place after getting the throttle cable routed along the side of the brake lines instead of under them.
--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I'll give it another try.
FYI. I secured the brake line manifold back into place after getting the throttle cable routed along the side of the brake lines instead of under them.
Picture from another FJR forum:

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/1078425-post17.html

4ef1daface8fc77da563f0a8dc5dae84.jpg

Raven, Thanks for posting the link. I could not find that post again. That is the picture I used to route the throttle cable.

Flewbye posted: Waiting for mine to arrive to join the club
Congratulations! This device made my FJR comfortable for 5-6 hours at a time. After that, the seat began to hurt. (Seat Concepts solved the butt ache.)

Wouldn't have a clue. Read all the stuff here (about 3 hours of research reading) and decided to go MV. Haven't regretted it for one minute.

[Advanced Search = gear icon to the right of the Search window. Search for "risers" or "riser plate" (no quotation marks) and see what you get. Lots more options than MV and Moto-Larry, and it will be rare to find a thread that only speaks to one manufacturer.]

Hi Larry....I've had both. I don't remember the specs but they both did the job on different years of FJRs, never had a complaint with either of them.

I think its all about the cable and lines ..There is only so much they can travel ..Ok Thanks ...Do the guy's who are buying new bikes, ( 3rd -4th gen ) are they having to deal with the same Stuff as the gen 2 bikes . Bar Risers , Mirrors , Windshield, Lowered pegs ,Seats ,What else? ... I know they have cruise and heated grips , and of course more refined...

I think its all about the cable and lines ..There is only so much they can travel ..Ok Thanks ...Do the guy's who are buying new bikes, ( 3rd -4th gen ) are they having to deal with the same Stuff as the gen 2 bikes . Bar Risers , Mirrors , Windshield, Lowered pegs ,Seats ,What else? ... I know they have cruise and heated grips , and of course more refined...
All of what you mention are still issues on the Gen 3's. The instrument cluster and LED lighting is the primary change but a 6th gear and slipper clutch were added

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FJR1300

Just ordered my own MV Bar Riser right from Germany. Supposed to get it within a week. It was easy to order and used paypal to pay for it. Ok , now my "new for me" machine is getting to be really rideable. So far, OES sliders, audiovox cruise control, Go Cruise throttle lock, and a Shuberth C3 helmet to keep the noggin safe.
Thanks to all on this forum that gave me all the info I needed to make my '07 AE a joy to ride.
rolleyes.gif
Just curious, why a Cruise Control, AND a throttle lock?