My new sport tourer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will,Will you rascal :huh: ...CONGRATS on your new to you scoot, nice/fast looking bike. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun, but make sure you keep your DL.... <_< I too had the itch to get something a little more of a sporty scoot (1200 VFR) but I would not want to compete with your Ninja, specially with you riding it. :ph34r: The 1200 VFR is somewhat porky to call it a sport bike, but I won't have to oil/adjust a chain... :p Looking forward seeing you at our next HOOTERVILLE get together. :yahoo:

Petey

I don't think you'll ever have a problem keeping up, regardless of what you're riding! I'll for sure be there for Hooterville again.

Now I just have to figure out how to pack for the Appalachian camping trip. Might have to find a smaller tent!

Will, Congrats on your new ride, it looks awesome. One of my riding buddies has an "07" all black, and I rode it. It's very fast, very quick, so like was said earlier, take some time to get used to it. We're doing some work on it this winter. He weighs 210 and the suspension is a little under sprung for him, so he got an Ohlins and will be getting springs up front also.

Watch you don't brake the rear plastic attaching tabs. Apparently hanging soft bags on the rear puts to much weight on the plastic pieces and brakes the tabs were the bolts go threw. SW-Motech Has some nice brackets for GIVI bags.

Nice bike. I wish I had the funds to get one.

See ya at the campout. If you get the Givi bags you can still use that big ass tent. SW-Motech makes a mount for a Givi trunck too.

Art

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bike. I thought the FJR was quick until I started chasing a ZX around.

SAM_0400-1.jpg

We've had some great runs.

Canadian FJR

Nice Bike Will!! Did you sell the Fjr? Yah maybe a smaller tent should be in your future. Looking forward to seein ya this spring. Be safe on that rockey ship!! :yahoo:

Very nice ride and congrats on the special paint package. Our new CMA chapter president rides a 2010 and riding behind him diffidently puts a new twist on group riding. Pun intended. Lol.

I sat on one at Infenion raceway when they first came out and was surprised at actually how comfortable the riding position was set up. Would love to have this model bike sitting next to the FJR in the garage any day! Keep the rubber side down. PM. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch you don't brake the rear plastic attaching tabs. Apparently hanging soft bags on the rear puts to much weight on the plastic pieces and brakes the tabs were the bolts go threw. SW-Motech Has some nice brackets for GIVI bags.
I heard that. I've looked at the motech stuff and and keeping my eyes out for used givi 35's. I'm also looking at fabbing up a frame that keeps my softbags off the rear cowl platic.

Nice Bike Will!! Did you sell the Fjr? Yah maybe a smaller tent should be in your future. Looking forward to seein ya this spring. Be safe on that rockey ship!! :yahoo:
Not yet. A coworker is coming in to town Thanksgiving to look at it and take it for a ride. If he doesn;t take it I'll probably list it in the spring.

Now I just have to figure out how to pack for the Appalachian camping trip. Might have to find a smaller tent!
Speaking of the Appalachian camping trip...when & where is it gonna be? ;) :lol:
Tell us Joe, don't keep us in suspense like that!
Um it's YOUR camping trip you turd...Get on the stick and make some plans we can all criticize!
It hasn't been mine since 2010.

Are you on a 2 year bender?

Latest posts