NAFO - EOM 5000 "Green to Gold" Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Stuff!
smile.png

Continuing to follow....
+1
+50, Triple Gunny; very nice KJ, Thank You! JSNS!

Excellent report KJ, I enjoyed the read! It was nice meeting you @ EOM.
biggrin.png

Thanks Scott, we didn't get much of a chance to talk tho?, I now got you on my Facebook and we'll BS a lot more at the next Meetup! :)

Good Stuff!
smile.png

Continuing to follow....
+1

Thanks Pappa, your Tuscany pics trumped anything I had x50!, so my hats off to you !!! I wish I had your money, I'd be right there with ya!

Funny thing... you came up on my FB (newsfeed) and I showed Debbie a pic of you (she went to Tuscany/N.Italy also), she said that "you look like a real nice gentleman". I just smiled, but.... I think your soft spoken verbiage in person does prove this, and I also said to her... "You might just meet the Pappa El' Burrito-Ballerina someday!" She had zero idea, she's such a newb hehe. :)

biggrin.png

Thanks Scott, we didn't get much of a chance to talk tho?, I now got you on my Facebook and we'll BS a lot more at the next Meetup!
smile.png

Good Stuff!
smile.png

Continuing to follow....
+1

Thanks Pappa, your Tuscany pics trumped anything I had x50!, so my hats off to you !!! I wish I had your money, I'd be right there with ya!

Funny thing... you came up on my FB (newsfeed) and I showed Debbie a pic of you (she went to Tuscany/N.Italy also), she said that "you look like a real nice gentleman". I just smiled, but.... I think your soft spoken verbiage in person does prove this, and I also said to her... "You might just meet the Pappa El' Burrito-Ballerina someday!" She had zero idea, she's such a newb hehe.
smile.png
Debbie and KJ, I'd seriously consider a ride from Rome to Sicily in October of 2017. The farthest I have ridden south in Italy is Roma, I would love to see Naples and Palermo! Ciao!

ce86e0eb17ea2d5f77e26f68de9ecbf8-L.jpg

My wife grew up in Naples (from 3 years old to about 10 years old....she was born in Athens Greece). I would like to visit there someday.

Debbie and KJ, I'd seriously consider a ride from Rome to Sicily in October of 2017. The farthest I have ridden south in Italy is Roma, I would love to see Naples and Palermo! Ciao!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rome/Naples/Sorrento coast is truly something that has to be experienced. Pictures do not do any justice to that place. The traffic is horrible (unless ridden in the wee morning hours), but still, I'd enjoy a scooter ride along the coast there.

KJ, there are only two things I don't like about this Ride Report.

1. I was not in it.

2. It ended.

Excellent Stuff. Good pics, good delivery, good times. I appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. I know it can be a lot of work and time.

I saw you had a pic of the entrance to The Field of the Woods. Did you go in there? It is not for everyone but it does seem to strike a chord with a lot of folks.

biggrin.png

Thanks Scott, we didn't get much of a chance to talk tho?, I now got you on my Facebook and we'll BS a lot more at the next Meetup!
smile.png

Good Stuff!
smile.png

Continuing to follow....
+1

Funny thing... you came up on my FB (newsfeed) and I showed Debbie a pic of you (she went to Tuscany/N.Italy also), she said that "you look like a real nice gentleman". I just smiled, but.... I think your soft spoken verbiage in person does prove this, and I also said to her... "You might just meet the Pappa El' Burrito-Ballerina someday!" She had zero idea, she's such a newb hehe.
smile.png

ce86e0eb17ea2d5f77e26f68de9ecbf8-L.jpg
You just may have a deal there Pappa. Debbie wants to go back, and, I have never been. So that strikes up 2 big big positives. The only negatives that I see with that trip is...

1. Traffic (as mentioned above^). Not sure if I have the patience anymore to just sit and wait in traffic.

2. Debbie is 100% Italian yes, but she dislikes (OK, hates) Sicilians. I don't know why per-say, but her whole family is like that.

3. Not a fan of scooters

Say?, can I wear my Kanadian ghetto tuke there? ;)

20140830_113632_zps53c5ddeb.jpg

KJ, there are only two things I don't like about this Ride Report.
1. I was not in it.

2. It ended.

Excellent Stuff. Good pics, good delivery, good times. I appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. I know it can be a lot of work and time.

I saw you had a pic of the entrance to The Field of the Woods. Did you go in there? It is not for everyone but it does seem to strike a chord with a lot of folks.

:) Thank you!!!

Well (we) can correct #1 for next time, your buddy 'pants came up?. Anyway it would be great to include you Andrew! (and, AJ has told me you cook some mean ass fish dinner!).

As for #2... well I guess they all will eventually :(

Your past RR (and def Fred W's) was superior to mine. I should of had my camera on me a lot more times as I missed a ton of good stuff. I'm learning, I loose focus, especially when night falls and I have a bottle in my hand. ;)

We only went by 'Field of the Woods'. It's a Religious theme park? ...at least that is what I gathered from the roadside. I may be way off? but it sure looked interesting, clean and unique!

KJ, there is never any point in "comparing" Ride Reports. They almost all score an A+ because they all have something wonderful and useful to say and show. Some folks tell a great story, some have awesome pics, some have both. I find a lot of useful destinations and roads in these RRs. They all tell a story from the point of view of a motorcycle rider.

I loved your perspective, your honesty, and your delivery. I loved the pics of the two red BMWs mixed in with all the FJRs. I laughed at your New York mindset, this was a great RR.

The Field of the Woods... I saw you posted a pic of the entrance so I was curious. I have been in there and have sent a few friends that way when I thought they might enjoy it. It is not for everyone and I offer no opinion either way.

Had you ridden into it you would have seen this:

KJ, there is never any point in "comparing" Ride Reports. They almost all score an A+ because they all have something wonderful and useful to say and show. Some folks tell a great story, some have awesome pics, some have both. I find a lot of useful destinations and roads in these RRs. They all tell a story from the point of view of a motorcycle rider.
I loved your perspective, your honesty, and your delivery. I loved the pics of the two red BMWs mixed in with all the FJRs. I laughed at your New York mindset, this was a great RR.

The Field of the Woods... I saw you posted a pic of the entrance so I was curious. I have been in there and have sent a few friends that way when I thought they might enjoy it. It is not for everyone and I offer no opinion either way.

Had you ridden into it you would have seen this:

Pretty cool in-dead, I was born and baptized Christian. If I would have known, I would of checked this out. Here I thought it was a theme park, well kinda it is in a way, ...a Biblical Theme Park. Thanks for learning me something new, just another excuse to go back to the Smokies.

Technically Steamer's and mine are 2 different Oranges. I (like yourself), see Red-ish Orange... well at first... until... they are parked next to the equally as beautiful Candy Apple Red ES. Then they are Orange. I have a pic somewhere of the two together but my dementia has me scratching my head
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much guys, I'm still learning from some of the best RR's here! Maybe next year it will be a more scenic and an out West adventure
smile.png

Nice ride report and ending KJ. Thanks for taking us along on the most excellent adventure!
One question for ya...which app/software/whateverthehellitis do you have on your phone? TIA

DSC01358_zpsa0304e85.jpg

--G
Ulysses Pro Speedometer, unfortunately it is a pay app
sad.png

I rarely ever call it up anymore. On long trips, I like to load up the GPS app: 'Co-Pilot' on the phone, then put it in a far out 2D view, so then I have 2 maps running, the bike's GPS is always in T/T 3D directs, Co-Pilot in a flat map view (like a paper map).
Thanks for the info KJ!

Thoroughly enjoyed the ride report...keep them up!

--G