Napa oil filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
The friendly fellow at the Napa store cross referenced the Purolator 14610 to a NapaGold 1356. He said they are made by WIX.

Has anyone had any experience using the Napa filters?

I've used the Super Tech ST7317 in the past with no problems but there is no Walmart locally. There's a place in town that sells the Purolator filter but yellow is just not my color.

Danno

They won't screw in enough to seal the O ring, take em back. Oh yea, your probably in for a dog pile, it's Friday! :assassin:

....but there is no Walmart locally....
Do you live in the USA? Strange, I thought they had pretty much carpeted the entire country. They're probably buying a lot near you to break ground on as we speak, looking to clean out your local retailers....

....but there is no Walmart locally....
Do you live in the USA? Strange, I thought they had pretty much carpeted the entire country. They're probably buying a lot near you to break ground on as we speak, looking to clean out your local retailers....
I'm sensing bitterness... and I understand. Actually there is one about 15 miles from here - some would consider that local. I'd rather spend a couple bucks more if I can find it right here in town.

Actually there is one about 15 miles from here - some would consider that local. I'd rather spend a couple bucks more if I can find it right here in town.
Awww, that's so cute that you named your subdivision. :rolleyes: You live in Minneapolis for cripe's sake. It's 1/3 a gallon of gas to ride to the Walmart, but you'd pay $2 more to buy locally. Ever consider buying more than one filter at a time?

Or online? All so you can avoid a yellow filter that works great? <_<

Go and buy the Purolator PureOne 14610 filter. There's a mail in rebate thru Sept, I believe, $2 back on as many as you can buy. Just picked up 6 at Advance Auto for $6.50 each. Someone posted the link to the rebate form.

Last edited by a moderator:
......................and just paint the dang thing; a can of Krylon, takes about 30 seconds, dries in about two minutes (okay, ten).

......................and just paint the dang thing; a can of Krylon, takes about 30 seconds, dries in about two minutes (okay, ten).
C&C that's :crazy: talk. Get back inside the box and stop thinking outside it! :lol: :lol:

On the other hand, I could put on the yellow one and listen to my Harley buddies ask me what the hell I'm thinking. They also give me a funny look when I tell them I use Rotella oil. "Isn't that for trucks?"

They don't get the FJR thing at all. "How can you ride on that crotch rocket bike?" I say, "How can I not?" :D

Yup, I might just try that yellow one. :glare:

Ackshully....I use the orange one. It makes it soooo much easier to read the date & mileage I write on it with a felt tip pen.

YMMV.

Just came back from Walmart, brought home a gallon and a quart of Rotella 5-40 oil. Looked for the oil filter, no luck. Had to get the yellow purolator from Advance Auto . Changed the oil and filter, no problems. I'm wondering if 80 weight yamaha outboard motor gear oil will be okay in the FJR. I've got a gallon or two of the stuff, I use it in my Yamaha 225 outboards. Anybody ever put marine gear oil in their FJR when changing the rear gear oil?

I've used the Napa gold filters on my bandit for years. They are good filters. Not sure about the fitment issue on the FJR but they are good quality.