NERDS '11 is On-Line!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess i better get off my lazy ass and get my passport...
Huh? :huh: You do know that Vermont is a state in the US, right?

Are you planning on detouring up to Nova Scotia on the same trip?

Maybe swinging up through Fredricton to visit MEM? :unsure:
Well yeah, Vermont is a State, But it's so damned close to Canuckistan that i would have to at least check it out! ;)

Guess i better get off my lazy ass and get my passport...
Huh? :huh: You do know that Vermont is a state in the US, right?

Are you planning on detouring up to Nova Scotia on the same trip?

Maybe swinging up through Fredricton to visit MEM? :unsure:
Well yeah, Vermont is a State, But it's so damned close to Canuckistan that i would have to at least check it out! ;)
Yeah, I was just teasin'.

We'll have at least one of the ride routes that goes over the border and up into the GWN

Don, your always welcome to fly into NY and ride up to VT with me. I have a sweet 2K VFR800 with some Ortlieb dry bags for you to use or if you want to get real adventurous I have a '05 KLR that would probably fit you just right. I might even be able to get you a Harley with some loud pipes so you can ride the "alternative routes" that Fred has laid out. :lol:
Chris, if Don wants to ride on the wild side he can borrow my Spyder...

Don,

Chris's Y2k VFR is a beauty. Or, if you can't be seen on a yellow bike, I have a copy of the same exact bike in red (a '98) that you'd be welcome to borrow, but alas I have no bags for it anymore.

OTOH I do have the fully bagged up Man-strom that you you are welcome to use for the event.

I know, I know... it's not a wee, but I have a feeling you could handle all that extra power. :p
I am truly humbled by the offers for a 'sponsored' ride.

Truly touched. Wow, Thank You all.

If at all possible though, me n' KrZy8 are a team.. :bike:

Don, if you want to ride out you're welcome to take a break at my place, 'bout half way point.

Course you're going to have to fight the dog for the couch. :exhappysmiley:
No problems there, 'Boss. I sleep with a dog, cat, n' wonderful human woman most every night!
Come on you puss... I'm signed up... :p
Oh good Lord, Groo, you finally coming out of the shadows? :lol:
Ok, I'm officially going to try to make this happen.

Gotta get the OK from the boss at work.

Ms dCarver said 'Are you fucking crazy? Of course you should go. That's a great part of the country'.

Great gal.

I'll be making reservations tomorrow. :D

Ok, I'm officially going to try to make this happen.

I'll be making reservations tomorrow. :D
What the hell...

Ha ha!! That's wicked good news!! :yahoo:
Fred - you've never met the man. NEVER turn your back to him and keep him away from livestock.

Anyway.

Sooze and I are registered. I'll make our reservation at the Inn soon.

Looking forward to it, even if Carver is there.

Just booked a room with a kingsize bed. :yahoo: The bride overheard me and wanted to know which trip I was booking. Told her it was NERDS not CFR, MEM is trying to stretch out the excitement. :angry2:

Pretty soon I will have to do my Iris imitation and start with the CAN WE REGISTER YET notices. :p

"The Warden" and I are "IN!" and looking forward to celebrating our 25th anniversary with a bunch of NERDS!

Fred,

I heard that there is going to be tons of NERDS merchandise to buy! When are we going to be able to place our orders for all the really cool NERDS stuff?????

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha... George. Thanks for being my set-up man.

I don't know about tons of stuff, but we are working on a dealio to get some spiff-anacious color print, long sleeve tee shirts made up, and also some sort of NERDs stickers, possibly useful for covering those unsightly scratches on your side bags from when you drop the bike in the gas station parking lot... :rolleyes:

Seriously, FJRed has already worked up what I think is a great logo for the shirts. I believe he was working on getting a sample from the company before we locked in on their (quite reasonable) pricing.

There is still (unfortunately) plenty of time before NERDS '11 in August. :glare:

Someone threw a brick at me and told me to check this out! I read the 4 pages of the other thread and, well... there's not going to be any potholes... right?

Since I have been retired for over a year the dates do not matter. I'll be along for at least part of this on the trusty old FZ1.

I'll be in touch!

Ron

I registered a while back and booked the room today.

SO that puts CFR, NERDS & EOM on the calander for the FJR and a bunch of dirt bike events to fill in the other weekends. We have a plan!!

I signed up awhile ago but haven't booked anything yet. I'll get around to it eventually, once I see how the summer schedule shakes out. I would very much like to attend this one between CFR, a Gaspe trip, a major Newfoundland excursion and a probable EOM in September. Don't think I'll find time to make the coast-to-coast trip I was considering this season! It would be much easier to plan if work didn't get in the way.

Of course, we will have to work on the assumption that Spring will eventually arrive. Another 6" of snow here today and the forecast is not too promising for the next couple of weeks. Crap!

SO that puts CFR, NERDS & EOM on the calander for the FJR
That's exactly what my calendar looks like this year too, except we're kicking it off with the Chowder ride up to Bah Habah in May.

I may do the Chowdah ride as well. Think the snow will be gone by then? Had the bike out on March 16 last season. Not looking good for an early riding season so far!

I may do the Chowdah ride as well. Think the snow will be gone by then?
I sure hope so. I'm so done with this winter... :glare:

Had the bike out on March 16 last season. Not looking good for an early riding season so far!
We've still got some pretty impressive snow standing around here, but that could still happen. I mean, it's in the mid 40's here right now and raining. A few days like this would go a long way.

OTOH, I've learned it is always best to be pessimistic about these things. Pessimists are seldom disappointed. ;)