NERDS 2012 Participation Poll

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just added Wed night to my reservation so the Mrs. and I can tackle the treasure hunt!
:thumbsup:

Only a few days until the big reveal. You kids are going to have a whole lotta fun. I only wish I could participate. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my co-workers who rides a Buell just got himself a room for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. How in the hell he's gonna ride that thing to Stowe is beyond me, but, as the saying goes: If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

For those of your NERDSters who were at Wheatie's SE Ohio Ramble, this is the same guy that was there on the Buell.

So this is my A Plan and I'm going with it.

I fly back from Munich on August 15th to the Great White North and land at the Center of the Universe (Toronto). The FJR will already be packed and in the garage ready for an early morning departure on August 16th and take the most direct route I can to Stowe. August 16th happens to be my 60th birthday and I'm going to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream. I'll stop in at the hotel to see if anyone else wants to go.

That NERDS is happening is purely coincidental to my plans but I may stop in just to kick Bust in the nards.

Well, the 16th is THaPS day, so you'll have to wait to jimmy kick the Joker until he gets back to the rally central at the Commodores. Of course there may be some pleasantries and adult beverages there for a guy having a birthday as old as you. :p

Cross posting in this thread as it seems to have the most NERDS folks that would be subscribed to it:

The NERDS Treasure Hunt and Photo Safari Bonus List has been officially released. Click here to open that post with several important announcements about the Treasure Hunt.

Also, a gentle reminder that there is only one week remaining to place your orders for NERDS 2012 Merchandise. The cutoff date for orders is midnight Sunday July 22nd! :eek: (actually it will be Monday morning whenever I get up) We will be submitting our bulk order on Monday AM to ensure we will get the stuff delivered in plenty of time for NERDS.

So, if you're one of those folks that have procrastinated this far, time to CUT THAT OUT!! :nono: ...and get those orders in.

There will be no exceptions made. If you snooze, you lose. Sorry.

I was planning to show up Wednesday afternoon and spectate at the tech. day and participate in the evening festivities, but Deena has to work on Wednesday so we'll be riding up Wednesday evening and will probably just meet the rest of you NERDS at the Commodore.

I checked in with the Commodores Inn this morning. Only 5 rooms left. Still a lot more people indicating that they will be staying at the hotel than have actually made reservations. Not sure what people are waiting for, but if I were you (and you know who you are) I wouldn't wait any longer to get your room reserved.

Just sayin...

Ed.

Cross posting in this thread as it seems to have the most NERDS folks that would be subscribed to it:

Also, a gentle reminder that there is only one week remaining to place your orders for NERDS 2012 Merchandise. The cutoff date for orders is midnight Sunday July 22nd! :eek: (actually it will be Monday morning whenever I get up) We will be submitting our bulk order on Monday AM to ensure we will get the stuff delivered in plenty of time for NERDS.

So, if you're one of those folks that have procrastinated this far, time to CUT THAT OUT!! :nono: ...and get those orders in.

There will be no exceptions made. If you snooze, you lose. Sorry.
Thanks for the reminder Fred. Just placed my order for a couple shirts.

Procrastination: The constant reevaluation of one's priorities.

So this is my A Plan and I'm going with it.

I fly back from Munich on August 15th to the Great White North and land at the Center of the Universe (Toronto). The FJR will already be packed and in the garage ready for an early morning departure on August 16th and take the most direct route I can to Stowe. August 16th happens to be my 60th birthday and I'm going to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream. I'll stop in at the hotel to see if anyone else wants to go.

That NERDS is happening is purely coincidental to my plans but I may stop in just to kick Bust in the nards.

Well seeing it's going to be yer Birthday ya old feck, I'll gladly stand naked and let you attempt to loft your foot high enough to hit me applesack :p

FINAL REMINDER FOR ORDERING TEE SHIRTS

... and other NERDS paraphernalia.

The orders close midnight this Sunday!! Only two days left to place your order.

FINAL REMINDER FOR ORDERING TEE SHIRTS

... and other NERDS paraphernalia.

The orders close midnight this Sunday!! Only two days left to place your order.
I might have missed ordering by midnight by about 5 or 10 minutes. Hope that doesn't cause you any concern. My excuse is that we've been busy moving into a new house and I haven't seen my FJR in a couple weeks :( as it's been stored elsewhere so didn't have anything to remind me. It's amazing with what's been going on that I remembered at all.

It's all good. But you were the last one.

NERDS Merchandise Orders are now officially CLOSED!!

Thanks to all. See you in just a few weeks!! :yahoo:

Damn... I hate to have to say this :( but the busts are going to have to pull the plug on this adventure :sadsmiley02:

As I've known for a week my back is probably toast I found out today my suspicions were correct. The herniated disks are angry again :evil2:

At this point I'm going through PT an meds as I just don't have enough faith in the knife yet. Looks like a solid month of that shit. Hopeful I can make La Pine in Sept........................ :huh:

This really suks guys. NERDS is a must do.

Have fun, and somebody drink to excess for me an be that guy. :D

Send pics to rub it in.

Sorry to hear you aren't going to make it to NERDS this year. I'm relatively new to the group and was hoping to meet you in Vermont. Maybe Mizz Bustanut can hire you one of those pretty masseuses to aid in your back problems. Best of luck and hope you heal up quickly and get back in the saddle where you belong. At least you still have this forum to annoy Howie. That's gotta be some consolation.

Damn... I hate to have to say this :( but the busts are going to have to pull the plug on this adventure :sadsmiley02:

As I've known for a week my back is probably toast I found out today my suspicions were correct. The herniated disks are angry again :evil2:

At this point I'm going through PT an meds as I just don't have enough faith in the knife yet. Looks like a solid month of that shit. Hopeful I can make La Pine in Sept........................ :huh:

This really suks guys. NERDS is a must do.

Have fun, and somebody drink to excess for me an be that guy. :D

Send pics to rub it in.
Bust don't throw in the towel just yet! I have had serious back issues most of adult life and have yet to go under the knife as well L3,4,5 Feckin junk (to use your words) A very good (alot are not) physical therapist that can also do adjustments and a good dose of meds can put you back on track in a few days. In any event I hope you get healthy and are able to get back to riding and life in general (one doc told me almost 20yrs ago that I would never work again) glad I didnt listen to him! On the rippin it up for you :drinks: and I'm shure Andy will step up :D Calling Mr. Geek

Ewe idjut. When're ya gonna learn??

Well, since you're gonna puss out on this, looks like you'll have time to mend up and go to EOM. Make your hotel reservation now.

Send pics to rub it in.
Don't worry. We will.

Barry,

So sorry to hear that you will not be able to make it.

We were really looking forward to meeting Mizz B.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm seriously thinking about coming over from cape cod for the weekend to meet some of you Yankees and to see the scenery while I'm living up here, but it looks like the hotel is booked (online anyway). Whats the best camping (or other alternative) near to the hotel?

Drew