New 2017 FJR Announced, Raven it is!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....There are some small differences between the '17 & '16 models.... Trail and ground clearance.side-by-side
I believe the difference is a typo, someone got the two specs reversed. That would be a wicked change if it were true.
I'd bet on typo as well......... the ground clearance difference in the past was on the suspension pivot on the ES hanging down further than the A...... seat heights were the same.

Black. Wow. The marketing team went CRAZY with their color choice again this year.

It DOES look great when clean.......

....There are some small differences between the '17 & '16 models.... Trail and ground clearance.side-by-side
I believe the difference is a typo, someone got the two specs reversed. That would be a wicked change if it were true.
I'd bet on typo as well......... the ground clearance difference in the past was on the suspension pivot on the ES hanging down further than the A...... seat heights were the same.
I concur. 2016 seems to have these two numbers inverted vs. the 2014, 2015, and 2016. And I don't think Trail has changed since at least 2010 when they started publishing it. I'm leaving it consistent across the years when I update the comparison matrix unless somebody can demonstrate it is truly different for the 2016.

So the only real difference is the chrome emblem that was added. 2017, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ nothing to see here folks. You may return to you regular channel.

....There are some small differences between the '17 & '16 models.... Trail and ground clearance.

side-by-side
I concur. 2017 seems to have these two numbers inverted vs. the 2014, 2015, and 2016. And I don't think Trail has changed since at least 2010 when they started publishing it. I'm leaving it consistent across the years when I update the comparison matrix unless somebody can demonstrate it is truly different for the 2017.
fixed?

Bleh. Another non color.
Agreed; I was hoping they'd continue down the road of recent true colors like red and blue, but it appears they're sticking w/ the more typical, neutral gray, black, silver, etc.

Oh well, that makes my decision next spring much easier...a '16 it is!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For those unimpressed with the lack of changes.......what were you hoping for?

....There are some small differences between the '17 & '16 models.... Trail and ground clearance.

side-by-side
I concur. 2017 seems to have these two numbers inverted vs. the 2014, 2015, and 2016. And I don't think Trail has changed since at least 2010 when they started publishing it. I'm leaving it consistent across the years when I update the comparison matrix unless somebody can demonstrate it is truly different for the 2017.
fixed?
I'm full of transpositions from an Excel worksheet today.

I'm hopeful my FINAL comparison matrix will be sorted. ;)

Bleh. Another non color.
Agreed; I was hoping they'd continue down the road of recent true colors like red and blue, but it appears they're sticking w/ the more typical, neutral gray, black, silver, etc.

Oh well, that makes my decision next spring much easier...a '16 it is!
smile.png
If there are any left!
Yeah, that's my concern as well...just have to hope for the best.

side-by-side
fixed?
I'm full of transpositions from an Excel worksheet today.
I'm hopeful my FINAL comparison matrix will be sorted.
wink.png
PWI is an arrestable offense.

Is this NERPT yet? LOL

Just buy a 15 for 10K swap out the slipper clutch, buy the chrome piece, scratch the serial numbers off, and tell everyone it is a 2017. DONE!