New bikee me likee

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripletango

Reaction score
I love trumpets having owned 5 in as many years.

New Tiger

rightrear_blue.jpg

rightangle_blue.jpg

Yeah that 2007 Tiger with an aluminum frame, ABS brakes and the ST motor tuned for torque does sound very interesting!!!!! Would like to see a ride report.

Tripple T, It's pretty but not quite my style.

But if it works for you... Go for it.. :D

Wish I had a Triumph dealer around here worth a damn.

And this one joined the stable today...

Triumph2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good to me too. I really liked the looks of the 04 TBS but couldn’t hack the egros.

I love trumpets having owned 5 in as many years.

How about it TripleT, did you ever own one of the T-birds? Oh yeah, and I also like the idea of trading bikes often.

Nice looker pantherc.

I also like the looks of that red and white Rocket III Classic! :specool:

Like the looks of that new Tiger...but, what about luggage? With that high-mounted pipe in the way, looks like a right-side case would have limited capacity..or perhaps only a top case will be offered?

Note to self: Add to short list of dual sports to look at for Alaska trip...

Are those Avons???? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess i am lucky being able to have a few bikes This bike won't replace the FJR for trips but for short distance fun runs it is the nuts.

Just got back from EOM on the FJR but yesterday it was nice to do 300 plus miles blasting around twisties in north TX (where you can find them) on my Guzzi V11 cafe sport!

Went over to Possum Kingdom. Did 4 and back to Rockwall on 455 for you wot know N TX

The Tiger is designed for this and will do it in comfort. It is light and powerful and reliable radman

Ordered one Saturday. Should be here in Spring.

No trouble at all with my other triumphs. Tiger, Bonneville Speed four Speed triple all rock solid reliable fun and fast!

And this one joined the stable today...
Triumph2.jpg
She's a beaut !

Note to self: Add to short list of dual sports to look at for Alaska trip...
Are those Avons???? :blink:
If you like the power and torque of the FJR. You will feel very much at home with the 1050. It is one hell of and engine.

Incredible sounds too.

If you like the power and torque of the FJR. You will feel very much at home with the 1050. It is one hell of and engine.Incredible sounds too.
To update this thread, is anyone else tempted by the new Tiger now that it's out? I sure am. With the "offroad" can and remapping of the FI, riders are reporting 105 rear wheel hp. On a 436# bike that's more hp per pound than the FJR.

Luggage? SW Motec has come out with racks that'll take a variety of bags including Givi. Or so I understand.

I had been considering adding an ABS WeeStrom until I rode the ABS Tiger. With its ground clearance, supple suspension, and a set of Anakee tires, the Tiger could run tarmac and dirt/gravel roads (even with its 17" front tire).