New exhaust coming to the market.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh. Why can't there be exhausts made that don't have a band around them, or springs? Yamaha can do it on the stockers, why can't anyone else?
They do, they are called Staintunes and they mount exactly like the stock exhaust. I have had them on my '06 for six years and they still look like new and they come with a lifetime warranty. However, quality does not come cheap.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They do, they are called Staintunes and they mount exactly like the stock exhaust. I have had them on my '06 for six years and they still look like new and they come with a lifetime warranty. However, quality does not come cheap. :)
Very nice! I must have not looked close enough at those, due to the price. Direct from Staintune for around $1400 delivered is the lowest price I can find. Hmmmm....

Ugh. Why can't there be exhausts made that don't have a band around them, or springs? Yamaha can do it on the stockers, why can't anyone else?
They do, they are called Staintunes and they mount exactly like the stock exhaust. I have had them on my '06 for six years and they still look like new and they come with a lifetime warranty. However, quality does not come cheap.
smile.png
I've got Staintunes on my 08 and either with or without the db killers installed they are killer. The 2nd. Gen. FJR's also had cats in the mufflers, another reason to get rid of them. The Staintunes sound good, install like stock, stay beautiful and are 9 pounds lighter than stock (total) but like the man said, they ain't cheap. The cats that are beneath the bike in the main exhaust isn't restrictive on a stock motor but at the end of the day it's the cams in the FJR that need replacing because at 230 degrees @ .040 lift they are too small for a motor like the one in the FJR. Web cams is grinding cams for these things now and has a profile that works great in this application. The FJR has a very tall gear and subsequently you have to be conservative on the cam timing or you will have a dog until 6000 rpm or so which is not kosher on a bike with a 3.90 top gear.

smile.png
I've got Staintunes on my 08 and either with or without the db killers installed they are killer. The 2nd. Gen. FJR's also had cats in the mufflers, another reason to get rid of them. The Staintunes sound good, install like stock, stay beautiful and are 9 pounds lighter than stock (total) but like the man said, they ain't cheap. The cats that are beneath the bike in the main exhaust isn't restrictive on a stock motor but at the end of the day it's the cams in the FJR that need replacing because at 230 degrees @ .040 lift they are too small for a motor like the one in the FJR. Web cams is grinding cams for these things now and has a profile that works great in this application. The FJR has a very tall gear and subsequently you have to be conservative on the cam timing or you will have a dog until 6000 rpm or so which is not kosher on a bike with a 3.90 top gear.
I've got a set of Staintunes on mine as well, picked em up used from SkotterG on this forum 2 years ago. Note the brackets that hold them on, and also you can see the difference from the back...

IMG_0302.jpg

Here's how they look from the side, clean and no bracket. You can't see it here, but they shine way more than the factory cans.

IMG_0301.jpg

ATILLA,

Got a question for ya. You said somebody's grinding cams for an FJR? I've never heard of this. Shed a little more light on that if you will.

Gary

darksider #44

smile.png
I've got a set of Staintunes on mine as well, picked em up used from SkotterG on this forum 2 years ago. Note the brackets that hold them on, and also you can see the difference from the back...

IMG_0302.jpg

Here's how they look from the side, clean and no bracket. You can't see it here, but they shine way more than the factory cans.

IMG_0301.jpg

ATILLA,

Got a question for ya. You said somebody's grinding cams for an FJR? I've never heard of this. Shed a little more light on that if you will.

Gary

darksider #44
Sorry to jack the thread but,

Please explain the car tire theory.

I have sent an inquiry as to price in the brushed stainless. We will see. I asked them for the longest they made which I ASS U ME you also have the longest? I want the sound as far behind me as I can get it.
Maybe my buddy will get these Two Brothers after all? He has been after me for awhile and since I got beat out of a set in the for sail here there still may be hope.
I had better be the buddy you speak of. If not, and someone else gets them, and I have to keep looking, I'm gonna pee in your gastank the first time I see you.

If not...I'm prolly gonna get a new set of the Leo Vince ovals...They're sweet!!

I have sent an inquiry as to price in the brushed stainless. We will see. I asked them for the longest they made which I ASS U ME you also have the longest? I want the sound as far behind me as I can get it.
Maybe my buddy will get these Two Brothers after all? He has been after me for awhile and since I got beat out of a set in the for sail here there still may be hope.
I had better be the buddy you speak of. If not, and someone else gets them, and I have to keep looking, I'm gonna pee in your gastank the first time I see you.

If not...I'm prolly gonna get a new set of the Leo Vince ovals...They're sweet!!

AJ,

Dr Rich's son works for Leo Vince Racing and give the Fourm members 25 percent off.

They use different mid pipes for different bikes that way they use the same can to keep cost down, Staintunes have a solid system and you pay for it.

AJ,

Dr Rich's son works for Leo Vince Racing and give the Fourm members 25 percent off.
I know, but I'm a cheap bastard frugal guy when it comes to stuff like this. They are just bling, and I like the sound. If they added real power, I'd be more inclined to let go of more money. AND...I've been hemmoraging money this year for some reason. Holy shit... That's why I said if LAF's pipes don't come up, I'll prolly just go for the LVs. They look nice, and LV seems to have good quality stuff.

They use different mid pipes for different bikes that way they use the same can to keep cost down, Staintunes have a solid system and you pay for it.
Yes, you do! I start my new job on Monday, after being out for almost 9 months, so I think Staintunes are a bit out of the budget right now for me. They do look nice, however.

Yes, you do! I start my new job on Monday, after being out for almost 9 months, so I think Staintunes are a bit out of the budget right now for me. They do look nice, however.
I just picked up a set of Vance and Hines CSone pipes they have a solid mid pipe connection, I currently have the Leo Vince carbon ovals.

I just picked up a set of Vance and Hines CSone pipes they have a solid mid pipe connection, I currently have the Leo Vince carbon ovals.
They do? Not according to what I can find:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/vance-hines-cs-one-single-exhaust-for-fjr1300-2006-2010

They do? Not according to what I can find:https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/vance-hines-cs-one-single-exhaust-for-fjr1300-2006-2010]https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/vance-hines-cs-one-single-exhaust-for-fjr1300-2006-2010[/url]
They still have the strap but the mid pipe to the cans are welded, the front section has a band to the headers.

Last edited by a moderator: