New Hampshire Breakfast Club Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
If anyone wants to join us we will be at the location in the Topic Title, Parker's Maple Barn. It's supposed to be a hot, humid, hazy day so why not start out with a light breakfast ;) We will eventually meander over to the coast and score some live lobsthas and finish the day with a large pot of hot steaming watha. In between breakfast and picking up the lobsthas we will sandwich in some nice roads over to the coast. You can show up just for breakfast and/or the ride.

Clearly, I'm going to have to relocate so I can get in some fun rides

Your lobster run Sounds like a good plan to me!

Anyone looking for an OR nurse?

:clapping: Alan this sounds like a great Idea. I can't keep working these 5 day weeks. Dam I have to be at work 04:00 that day!

Grew up in Post Mills Vt. Now I'm wishing I was still there to make this ride!

I love Parker's. I mean, who doesn't need a plate of Deep Fried French toast every now and then?

And we both love lobstahs. And steamers. And oysters.

But... we'll need to rearrange some prior plans.

What lobstah pound were you thinkin' of hitting?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Parker's. I mean, who doesn't need a plate of Deep Fried French toast every now and then?

And we both love lobstahs. And steamers. And oysters.

But... we'll need to rearrange some prior plans.

What lobstah pound were you thinkin' of hitting?
If not Deep Fried French Toast, then go for the maple glazed baby back ribs. That works for CJ because he is just getting out of work looking for supper when weuns is looking for breakfast.

And steamers, and oysters -- your making me hungry! Time to see if there is any local corn that's ripe.

Any pound between Ipswich and Newburyport, though there is one that is right in the dock area of Newburyport that we used to go to when we lived in the area. I suppose I should ask FJReady 'cause that is his backyard.

And where will the lobstah carnage take place? Will we eat there in the rough or try and cart them away somewhere? Probably there makes the most sense for all concerned, but I am always partial to a fermented malt beverage with my lobstah. I guess you can't have it all... :rolleyes:

edit - How is Bob Lobster on Plum Island?

Bob Lobster would be my choice. Nothing fancy but perfect for this scragglely gang. I haven't been there for a couple years but it was good then and it's always busy I hear, so it must be good.

Alan I can't think of any pound on the N'port docks, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I know you can get seafood at several restaurants downtown, but they will require a heavier toll on you wallet than the rustic Bob Lobster location.

My only hesitation with Bob Lobsta at this time of year might be the greenheads. Don't know if we're at peak season yet but if we are then you may have a battle on your hands with those hungry bastids.

You talking about these greenheads?

grnhedataack.jpg

MEM luv ta share a lobtsa and a ride anytime but what up with the search Gail didnt say you were lookin but if your up for a relocate We have a very good list of needy big time hosp's with a few conn. as well JAG

MEM luv ta share a lobtsa and a ride anytime but what up with the search Gail didnt say you were lookin but if your up for a relocate We have a very good list of needy big time hosp's with a few conn. as well JAG
I may get my hands on a recent (last 5 years? ) Study Guide for the NCLEX next week. I'd like to make a guesstimate of my ability to pass the thing if I start the process.

Wouldn't you think a Canuckistani-trained RN would be in hot demand without making her write more exams?! :p

I'll get my own stinkin' lobstah next week in the Bay of Fundy. Does that keep the thread on topic. ;)

Oh Saturday we are having new furniture delivered if it comes early I suppose we can try to find you.....unless there is anyway to do ride Sunday instead....

Ruh roh.

This just might be feasible.

Although we Long Islanders were always told to avoid the animals on Plum Island, never mind eating them. :unsure:

We might make it to Parker's for breakfast (can you believe neither of us has ever been there!), but unfortunately we won't be joining you for the lobster excecutions and subsequent feast. Paul's had some health issues pop up this week, so if he's feeling okay by Saturday, he has to be at work by noon time. If he's not feeling better, then it's back home to rest.

OK, the planets have been properly re-aligned to make way for our attendance.

We will see the club at Parkers at 8AM on Saturday AM for a light breakfast (gotta save room for lobster later).

PS - Gina, it's worth the ride to Parkers just for B'fast. Hope Paul is feeling better by the weekend.