No Dealer in ABQ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charismaticmegafauna

Reaction score
I had occasion to talk with Yamaha/Cypress recently and somewhere in the conversation the customer service dude said, "There's no Yamaha dealer in Albuquerque."

I thought there were several -- have they all gone under?

Anyone know... :unsure:

BOBBY J'S YAMAHA

4724 MENAUL BLVD NE

ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87110-3038

Phone: 505-884-3012

Website is very functional and claims to be oldest Yamaha dealership in the country. Closed on Monday's.

R & S YAMAHA

3305 JUAN TABO BLVD NE

ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87111-5130

Phone: 505-292-8011

In business and open on Monday's. They have a new 2009 FJR1300A in stock!

SANTA FE MOTOR SPORTS

2594 CAMINO ENTRADA

SANTA FE, NM 87507-4876

Ph: 505-438-1888

Located in Santa Fe, NM; about 57 miles north of Albuquerque on I-25. In business and open on Monday's and has a brand new 2009 FJR1300AE in stock and wants to deal!

Thanks.

That makes more sense -- I must've misunderstood or he was ??, I don't know?

I know some dealers have gone under, but you wouldn't think a city the size of ABQ would have too much trouble keeping a couple dealers.

Thanks again for your research.

Both dealers listed in Albuquerque sell all the major brands and makes. I lived in Albuquerque for several years before retiring and had dealing with both. I do recall a third dealer when I lived there, so they must have called it quits. I used to buy my tires through mail order catalogs for my Goldwing and one of these dealers would mount them for $12 each, which is rare because I bought from someone else. They were great to deal with, except on tire prices.

Albuquerque had close to a million people when the geographic area of responsibility was considered and now with how Los Lunas and Belen has grown, I would guess they are well above a million. Albuquerque and Rio Rancho are confined in space because they are surrounded by reservation land which prevents them from expanding too much. That area is actually very beautiful and has a lot to offer. Albuquerque gets a bad rap on a lot of stuff. Many people would argue that Albuquerque is the oldest city in the country over Saint Augustine in Florida. There are many families that have ancestors that lived in the same area over 500 years ago. There is definitely a lot of history there.

OK, there is your daily history lesson on the Land of Enchantment!

You know if you go to Yamaha's website they have a nifty little tool called a 'dealer locator' that will give you all kinds of kewl information!

You know if you go to Yamaha's website they have a nifty little tool called a 'dealer locator' that will give you all kinds of kewl information!
That is where I obtained these addresses and such, although I did call them to verify the information given on the Yamaha website. I did live there, but couldn't remember the names of the dealerships. It's been 10 years.

Since I live just outside Alb. I can tell you they are both alive and kicking. If you need anything I would recommend Bobby J's over R & S. I think better service group and nicer people.