North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sole purpose? Hmmm... I've got some fast things around here, but that isn't their sole purpose.

file photo example (not a tag)

I have a good idea... but I don't know if I can catch one out to be photographed.
Yep. That "sole purpose" thing messed up my idea of a photo with a .44 Magnum cartridge as well. ;)

New tag: Big things... This could be trouble if some deviants get involved here.
I keeping my fingers crossed that no body parts show-up Fred....
help.gif
What could possibly go wrong?

NewEnglandJune2009063.jpg

Just came across this thread. If I ever get to ride again, I'll keep this in mind for sure.

I tried to get this tag a couple of times now, but none of my racers were out for a photo-op when I went by. Probably due to the excellent weather and all.

Would a sign of the activity do?

If this "Go Fast" tag doesn't fall this week-end, I'll amend it. Caution - if you don't have your next tag ready to submit after it's amended, you'll most likely be Bruce'd. It'll go really fast.......
bike.gif

Keep Going!

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed a shot at go-fast, just couldn't get out there. The Georgia Tech rowing crew comes down to Panama City Beach every spring break, and this was the week. What with working and all, I couldn't get the bike out to where the racing shells were kept.

OK, they're not hundred-mile-an-hour fast, but going fast is their only purpose..... Built for racing, after all. Also, a college friend of mine has a daughter on the current crew. Wish I coulda got out there, but getting in trouble at work is not a good choice....

Grab Here’s a pic of the Radome on a British Airways Concorde SST.
P3112864.JPG

The second is the Radome on an A6-E Intruder.
A6%2520Intruder.JPG

Next tag will be your bike and something designed and built for speed only. Something that’s sole purpose, is to go very fast.

ir%2520National%2520Guard.JPG

Keep Going!

I am amending this tag in the interest of moving things along after so many days without a grab,. The new tag will be your bike and a red, eight sided sign with the word “STOP” printed on it in white lettering. Better go fast on this one....

Remember Rule #11. Don't post a 'Grab' unless you have a new 'Tag' picture ready to go. This avoids other players losing riding time while you go find a new tag pic. Have one ready when you post your grab pic.

Keep Going!

Isn't a stop sign the opposite of a "go fast" sign?
rolleyes.gif

I went by the local Thoroughbred Horse (ex-racers) Retirement farm a few times in the last 2 weeks, but none of the horses were being left outside this time of year. I'd have posted a picture of the sign and the farm, but your picture was of the actual "go-fast" thing itself.

Ok here is the grab, I'm actually surprised no one ever posted it! Anyway my youngest daughter (13) and I decided we wanted to play this as it looks like a lot of fun.

ScavengerHuntPics002_zps3dc46391.jpg

And here is the new tag, we were talking about it and I thought we should have the it be a bike with a flag and she thought it should be of a bike with a tree that is unique to the region where you live sooooo, we did both!! LOL But I think for the sake of keeping this moving; as long as you have one or the other consider it a good grab! Get going!!

ScavengerHuntPics006_zpsf18fc27a.jpg

And raise you....a picture of your bike with an oddly shaped building. It can be a house, business, gas station, diner, etc. but it must be built in the shape of some other object.
P4070018_zpse9ae9a54.jpg

Bah!! Bruced!!

100_3918.jpg

And I even had the local trees in mine.

After I snagged this photo, I rode around for a couple of hours looking for something cool to use. I like yours better. ;)

Sorry, well not really but kind of.... The Shoe House is near York,PA and was built, I believe in the early 1930's. It's been a honeymoon suite, a gift shop, a bed and breakfast, and more than once an ice cream parlor. It was even used as a stop on the CBS reality show The Amazing Race! Must give special credit to some friends of mine who suggested it.

Don't be sorry. It was an excuse to get out for a while and ride around, which I might not have gone out and done without one (an excuse). Now I just have to come up with an odd shaped house/building.

Here's my building, the Empire State Convention Center in Albany NY. It's known as "the Egg." I think it looks more like a flying saucer.

SAM_0009.jpg

The new tag is here

SAM_0010.jpg

Nice, Ray. I actually saw that as one of the oddly shaped buildings closest to me, but opted not to pursue that one.

So what is the new tag descriptor? A red double decker bus?

Or... what?

Actually, the bus was plan "B." The police dissuaded me from photographing my first choice. I still think I can get the shot...it'll just have to be a weekend or holiday.