North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIce! Ilike the "egg". Glad I'm not eligible right now. No clue in my area where I'd find a double decker bus!

Actually, the bus was plan "B." The police dissuaded me from photographing my first choice. I still think I can get the shot...it'll just have to be a weekend or holiday.
How or why would the police dissuade you from taking a photo of anything? This came up recently in the Mass TOR on ADVriders. As long as you are on public property, and not placing yourself or anyone else in danger, you have a right to photograph anything that you want to.

Fred,

In order to get the FJR into the frame for the picture I needed to push the bike about 20 feet onto a pedestrian only area. I explained that I just wanted to get a photo with my bike in the foreground and i would push it in and out, but alas the officer wouldn't budge. Only authorized vehicles can be driven through the area. It won't be an issue on a weekend as no one will be around.

Ah, so they didn't care about you taking the pictures, just that you couldn't put your bike in a pedestrian only area. That is understandable.

Sometimes I've had to take a more distant shot and only have a part of the bike (like a mirror or handlebar) be in the picture. Then you can walk up and take a better supplemental picture to show the tagged item in better detail.

Chuck,

Many lager cities have double decker tour buses. NY, LA, San Diego all have them. Also, look for food trucks. Near my office we have a cup cake truck made from a double deck bus. The upper deck needn't be enclosed, just capable of holding people. Also junk yards may have one.

I hope someone can grab one soon. This is fun!

Good luck.

I realized shortly after my comment that in nearby Gettysburg,PA they use double decker buses for the tours of the battlefield.

I was out tagging today, but we got no dubble decker busts around these parts.
not_i.gif

I know where one is, it's a couple hours, couldn't do it today, and weather tomorrow is supposed to suck. I don't mind rain, but severe thunderstorms ain't to play with!

I've not been playing this game, but have I got to ride 2 miles in to town, park (illegally) in front of the bus station, and take a picture with a back-drop of twenty or so double deckers, just to kick the game it on? Does a bus in the UK count?

I've not been playing this game, but have I got to ride 2 miles in to town, park (illegally) in front of the bus station, and take a picture with a back-drop of twenty or so double deckers, just to kick the game it on? Does a bus in the UK count?
UK sure does count! Go for it!!

But.... but..... It's the North American....... All he's got to do to break the game is tag "Royal Palace" or something! :)

Normally North America would mean Mexico, the US and Canada, but we have stalled out on this game for 5 days. All I ask is that the tag be reasonably possible in North America. Something to remember people, don't try and make the tag too hard. It's still early in the riding season and its more fun if the game moves along, rather than getting stalled out. I might be able to find a double decker bus in Vegas, but I'm not riding 140 miles of slab to get a tag, then riding it back. YLocationMVary. Besides, you said you had one of these a couple of hours away... yesterday. But you're probably in the same boat I am, it's not necessarily a fun ride at the moment. Right now, I'm ok with the UK being a honorary Canadian Province.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
While I agree this game was started off as North American, I have no problem with anyone getting involved and participating. With the rule stating you have to sit out 2 tags before you're eligible again, this sort of thing may happen. If everyone exercises a little common sense we can all play and get an opportunity to see some sights we may never otherwise see. Now, somebody go catch that damn bus!

All I was looking for was a clarification on the North American part. If Canada wants to add England as a province, then good! :)

I'm not sure how that works with International relations, but since politics isn't allowed here, I suppose it doesn't matter.

And were it not for the severe thunderstorms and the tornado watches (hours and hours of red and yellow radar,) I'da had that bus today! As it was, rainy weather is very conducive to long naps!
lazy.gif

Here we are!

(click on image for larger view)

Sorry about the railings, so not a clear view of the bus. But you get the bus-stop for free
tonguesmiley.gif

PM sent to OCfjr about a possible next tag.

All I was looking for was a clarification on the North American part. If Canada wants to add England as a province, then good!
smile.png

Just remember I'm so old that as far as I am concerned, both Canada and the US are still British colonies. (Note to admin: that's humour, not politics.)

[edit]

Just noticed something.

As far as any member of this Forum is concerned, the above picture is completely unedited (apart from resizing).

As far as any traffic warden or other law enforcement agency is concerned, any sign of double yellow lines under the bike has been edited in for effect.

[/edit]

Ok, a cattle guard (in the old colonial power, we call them "cattle grids").

(Click on image for larger view)

Must be on a public road, would be best if there's traffic using it when you take the picture.