North Georgia FJR Rally!! Mark your calendar!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I'll be there. :yahoo: :yahoo: Lookin forward to meeting you folks! I usually make it to TWO a few Weekends per month for lunch

The weather forecast still looks great!

Yankees will be crashing your party!

:yahoo:

If you guys dont mind, I can stop by in my cage and stare at all the pretty bikes. It would be nice to meet some of the members of the forum.

:D

If you guys dont mind, I can stop by in my cage and stare at all the pretty bikes. It would be nice to meet some of the members of the forum.
:D

Why would you be in a cage when you could be on your bike? The weather is going to be great.

:yahoo: Accuweather has the high at 77 degrees, sunny to partly cloudy and the evenings at a low of 56 degrees with a moonlit sky. It just doesn't get any better than this! :yahoo:

I plan to order an '09 AE soon from D&H. Loan paperwork is in hand and I almost have enough for the down payment (and the $900 GA sales tax). I might be able to order it this friday.

I could just finance the bike outright but it would suck to start payments on a bike before taking delivery.

I am so depressed. Previously thought I could wiggle out of other obligations and make it down for this, but cannot.

Have fun guys; I hate you all. ;)

I am so depressed. Previously thought I could wiggle out of other obligations and make it down for this, but cannot.
Have fun guys; I hate you all. ;)
Hang in there kid, you never know. There might be a Frosty Balls Ride coming up??? ;)

JW

I plan to order an '09 AE soon from D&H. Loan paperwork is in hand and I almost have enough for the down payment (and the $900 GA sales tax). I might be able to order it this friday.
I could just finance the bike outright but it would suck to start payments on a bike before taking delivery.

Well, I must say, waiting to acquire an 09 is about as good an excuse as I can conceive of. Congratulations on your coming soon ride. You'll have the newest bike in the state!

I wonder if your shade of Raven will be better than mine?

Come on by and check out the farkle potential in person. What day and time are you coming?

Looking forward to meeting some of you'ens. I will be coming up sometime Saturday morning (not sure exactly when). I will just look for you there. If you are all out on a ride, I will hook up later in the day. I live fairly close by and am riding two up. Probably have a buddy with me on a black Ninja. Damn sure need some farkling advice. Is there a schedule of rides/times/routes/etc.?

Looking forward to meeting some of you'ens. I will be coming up sometime Saturday morning (not sure exactly when). I will just look for you there. If you are all out on a ride, I will hook up later in the day. I live fairly close by and am riding two up. Probably have a buddy with me on a black Ninja. Damn sure need some farkling advice. Is there a schedule of rides/times/routes/etc.?
David,

TWO serves an excellent individually prepared breakfast each morning. Most rides will likely be organized and underway between 9 and 9:30AM. A few of the rides have longer distances and more difficult routing that will require a start at 7 or just a little later.

Dinner begins around 5 at TWO and each meal is individually ordered and prepared. So, your return can be on your schedule. I think it would be great if we could all be gathered around the fire with a drink in hand by about 7:30PM to 8PM or so each evening for our social gathering.

I'm happy to see you are bringing a buddy.

Thanks gasportsrider! From the pictures I would say the color of the '09 AE is a bit more of an asphault black than raven. The color was a big reason to go with the newer bike. I like the granite grey but given the option I prefer black. Again, given the option, I would prefer the raven but the AE clutch is more important. As for farkles, I already have Motovation sliders, 3M hard bag reflective strips and a slime pump. I dont see why these things aren't standard equipment from the factory.

I am planning on being in Suches around 3PM on Saturday. Hopefully some of the riders will be returning by then. I will be the guy with the big black car with the tag that says "BRAENEN".

I sure wish that I could come out to play... :cray:

Update: I have posted the route files and descriptions of the routes to my website for download.

They can be found here: GeorgiaSportTouring.com

Ngarider has also printed some copies of the routes in color for those without GPS.

Thanks,

JW

I'm gonna give a shot at converting these to tomtom .itn files. I should be there Friday evening sometime.

Sadly, I am not going to make this one. I was looking forward to meeting you all and riding with some other FJRs.

Have a blast. I will be there in spirit.

Cheers!

Mike