Nova Scotia bound 8/3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I am heading to Nova Scotia tomorrow with my riding buddies. Riding to Maine tomorrow night after sneaking out of work early, St Johns NB on Saturday. Sunday to Digby. We'll visit Lunenburg and spend alot of time on Cape Breton later in the week. Wish us luck! I hope to have some nice piccies for ya'll when I get back.

I should add: Thanks to all the great people here who have done marvelous work with farkles, tech tips, FJR specific suggestions and generally positive contributions to the motorcycling community. No doubt many of the things I've learned here (and money I learned how to spend here) will make my trip much more enjoyable.

Sounds like a great trip. Look forward to your reide report upon returning.

Sounds good, have fun & make sure you take your camera ! Don't miss the 'Fisheries of the Atlantic' museum in Lunenberg if you like sailing or fishing. Nice exhibits, wonderful people. When you leave Lunenberg take Blue Rocks road East out of town (a deadend), for 5 miles or so & you end up in a mini Peggy's cove (without all the tourist buses). Wish I were going ! Oh yeah, any chance you could test the quality of scallops in Digby & let me know ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am heading to Nova Scotia tomorrow with my riding buddies. Riding to Maine tomorrow night after sneaking out of work early, St Johns NB on Saturday. Sunday to Digby. We'll visit Lunenburg and spend alot of time on Cape Breton later in the week. Wish us luck! I hope to have some nice piccies for ya'll when I get back.

Have a good trip. i live just outside Saint John , and if i was in town I would have liked to ride a mile or two with you. As it stands, i will be on MY FJR in Prince Edward Island, since this Monday is a National holiday.

If you haven't been through this route before, you'll get a good taste of the region , judging from your intended route. The weather is very warm now, but you'll find it very comfortable on your route, since you'll be in the salt air most of the time. --DONT forget about the time change when you leave Maine-- we are one hour ahead of you.-- this messes up the riders who take the ferry to Digby coming from Maine.

The Ferry is a biggy, with good tie-downs. The ride around the coast to Lunenburg then Halifax is a blast-- as is Halifax itself. And Cape breton is a couple hours out of Halifax, but a great ride.-- and of course, Cape Breton-- whew!

There are no tolls on your route, and, with a few exceptions, there are Yammy dealers within 1/2 hour of every place you'll go. Good luck!

We're back. We had a great trip. No arrests, tickets or crashes. Great roads, food, natives. 2262 miles total.

Bottom line: Cape Breton is beautiful. Fortunately getting there is great too. Nova Scotia is a wonderful motorcycle destination.

More later when I get a chance to upload a couple photos.

Latest posts