Of Lighthouses and Cheese Curds.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a few more of the museum…

And we wrapped up at the museum and started our riding day.

Since we were in the area anyway, I wanted to swing by Lambeau Field with Sooze. Even though I am not a Packers fan, this place is, to say the least, historic. So we headed into Green Bay and swung by Lambeau.

As we were rolling in, I thought to myself – SELF! You know someone who is a Packers fan. Why not get her something while you’re here? The thing that made me laugh about that is because the Packers fan that I know? Is my mother, a woman who, as far back as I can remember, never gave a care about sports (maybe a little about Ohio State football, but that’s it) and now, whenever I talk to her, she asks if I watched the Green Bay game “… and that Aaron Rogers.” Really, mom?

Anyway. We were here and we stopped.

One of my favorite lines, from him or anyone else: “What the hell’s goin’ on out there?”

There is EVERYthing you would possibly want with a Packers logo here. Including a vintage truck!

We found a couple of priceless chotchkies for mom (she stops by and feeds the cats while we’re away) and we bid farewell to Lambeau.

That’s it for now, but there is LOTS more to come.

Nice, saw some of the same territory with my wife this past week in her Mini Convertible. Almost as good as on the bike, almost........

Wonderful..!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!
smile.png

When I first started reading this report I thought it was a fraud after I spotted this photo.....

IMG_0971_zps9ccf3f09.jpg

There has never been an empty dinner plate in a BikerGeek RR before.

Look at you too, gettin' all nautical 'n stuff.

I leave you with this, compliments of one of the best Canadian bands ever.

"...I had this dream where I relished the fray
and the screaming filled my head all day.
It was as though I'd been spit here, settled
in, into the pocket of a lighthouse on some
rocky socket, off the coast of France, dear."

Thursday, September 18, 2014, continued.

Finished with our successful trash and trinket hunt at Lambeau, we continued west-ish.

There wasn’t a lot of tress changing yet, but there were a few here and there.

I think it’s cool when small towns have murals on their buildings.

Another barn for Andrew.

We passed quite a few of these.

And then … a Piggly Wiggly! In the north! We didn’t realize they were in this area since we normally only see them in the south. We actually bought Piggly Wiggly t-shirts down in Hilton Head a couple of years ago. Go figure.

Some more fall color.

Why is it that waterfront property – on any body of water – is always expensive?

Not much later we arrived at NAFO Central – the Days Inn in Lacrosse, ‘Sconsin.

Other folks were rolling in as well.

We got ourselves checked in to the hotel, said hi to some of the folks milling aboot, unloaded the bike and got into some street clothes. We bumped in to our friends Karl (aireboss), Bill (yamafitter), and Petey (petey).

‘Fitter, Greg (geezer), and moi.

MNFJR had set us up to have dinner at a supper club in town. Since a number of us were enjoying the products provided by the hotel bar, some of us took cabs to the restaurant. I’m pretty sure our cab driver thought we were a bunch of weirdos. Cab picture – the one and only Tyler, moi, and Sooze.

We were at Digger’s Sting, an old-school supper club establishment.

Our dining companions this fine evening, left-to-right: Joe (El Toro Joe), Janet (Spanky, AKA Mrs. Intech), Bob (Intech, or FYB), moi, Sooze, and Tyler.

Being a Kalifornian, and this being her first time visiting this part of the country, we had to get some tasty cheese curds for an appetizer for Tyler to try.

For a main course, I had one of their specials: prime rib and tuna. It was delicious!

We had terrific food, cold drinks, and fabulous company for this meal. Lots of talk about rides past and future, including a conversation with Tyler that went something like this: “Hey, Geek – you wanna go to the SPAM museum with me tomorrow?” My response: “Hell YAH!”

After wrapping up dinner and cabbing it back to the hotel, we were able to spend some time with Dave and Sylvia, and their son Jack. We met Dave and Sylvia at CFR 2010 in Quebec and really enjoyed their company. Left-to-right: moi, Sylvia, Jack, Dave (FastJoyRide), Tyler, Bob (Intech, or FYB), and Janet (Spanky, or Mrs. Intech).

After a few drinks and a lot of laughs, we called it a night.

Friday, September 19, 2014.

The NAFO organizers had put together the Rally Rallye. While I did not participate in it, the folks we would be riding with were, which was cool. KSU for this was 8:00. Since our internal clocks were still on eastern time, that worked out fine and dandy.

Gathering in front of the hotel awaiting the official start of the Rally Ralleye.

Tyler on her rented Spyder. “Nothing parties like a rental!”

Tyler discussing the plan for the day with Tim (Northwoods Snowman) and Grace (Tim’s better half).

Moi, ready to roll.

And in mere moments, we were off, riding for the day with Tyler, Tim and Grace, Joe (the El Toro one), and Mike (Tripper <or is that, Stripper?> Mike).

Since we were just along for the ride, we rode sweep in our group.

Heading … uh … well, I have no idea where we were or where we were going. Like I said – we were just along for the ride.

So we just enjoyed the ride and the scenery.

On this day, we were in and out of ‘Sconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota. We saw a lot of corn out there!

And more fall color developing.

Lots more to come…

I think that Russian woman's Dad's boat was in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. Also very starship looking design and very big. I think he is in the Vodka business in Russia and the boat's name was "One". In Seattle for fuel and provisions and then heading for points to the south.

The first Rally Rallye stop was here.

I got a chuckle out of ‘em.

Doing their rally tasks.

I’ve had mornings when I’ve felt like this.

This one was across the street.

Our second Rally stop was here.

The rallyers doing their thang.

And we were off once again.

We crossed in to Iowa.

Rode into a sleepy Iowa town.

Latest posts