Official SW-FOG 2014 Announcement: 5/29 THU-6/1 SUN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fontanaman, Abercrombie FJR, GalaxyBlue, petty, HotRodZilla and Mrs. HRZ 'C' have been added to the Saturday Dinner Attendance Roster. JSNS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I would like to be added to the dinner list at Jalisco Cafe on whatever night it is scheduled. Getting excited about the trip.

Zbear

What are these "TOCAS" of which Zsdad and Zilla speak, and can this delicacy be found anywhere in southern Utah the first week in June? Are they, perhaps, like tacos with the tortilla in the center, or what?

Yea, I would like to be added to the dinner list at Jalisco Cafe on whatever night it is scheduled. Getting excited about the trip.
Zbear
Zbear and Big-D have been added to the Dinner Roster for Saturday night, May 31 at the Jalisco Cafe, ese!

Dinner List Amended at 1100 hours on 5/19!

The Jalisco Cafe: SW-FOG 2014 Group Dinner Reservation is set for 5pm on Saturday, May 31. jes' sayin' and nuff said! https://www.sw-fog.com

1) BeemerDonS aka El Robusto

2) Seth Stanley

3) Miss Donna

4) Maria Elena - MEM

5) Pegscraper

6) MCRIDER007

7) AZGman

8 Bob F

9) PK

10) Back Road Bob

11) Dashbaw

12) blujfr

13) ThesZsdad

14) Abercrombie FJR

15) GalaxyBlue aka Fat Bastard

16) Herr Peter - Jawohl, Arnie

17) HotRodZilla - AJ

18) Mrs. HRZ - "C"

19) Fontanaman

20) Big-D

21) Z-Bear

22) zzzzip

23) Chris Martin

PLEASE NOTE: You must respond by Saturday, May 24 at 2PM Arizona time (Same as CA now, Pacific!) if you want to be added to this list. You may either respond in this thread and Papa Chuy Viejo will amend the list as needed. Or feel free to contact Señor Medina at [email protected]" or 480-440-4666.

I will call/email Ed exactly a week from today with the Final Jalisco Cafe Roster, you snooze and you lose if you don't respond in a week's time from now ese!

What are these "TOCAS" of which Zsdad and Zilla speak, and can this delicacy be found anywhere in southern Utah the first week in June? Are they, perhaps, like tacos with the tortilla in the center, or what?
Not sure if the TOCAS can be found outside of New Mexico. These are typically ordered by gringos that have had one too many tequila shots.
laugh.png

Yes guilty as charged.

https://silver-eats.com/index.html If anyone wants to eat at Shevek & Co. on Friday night 5/30, you can make your reservation on line with your laptop/smartphone; open until 9:30pm. jes' sayin' and nuff said!
I just spoke to the owner of Shevek & Co. and they will be closed the week after Memorial Day. The search will continue for Friday's dinner unless someone else comes up with a winner. Stay tuned.

Found it! It is Adobe Springs Cafe. It is about a mile from the Econo Lodge in the Plaza. He does have a back room that can seat about 20 people. We will need a head count for this on Friday night. https://www.adobespringscafe.com/menu/

C and I are in, but what if we have more than 20 people? We gonna kick the late comers out? Not bitching, just wondering if we shouldn't look for another place. Maybe get interest first.

Silver City is big enough that it should have a good selection of restaurants.

I'm in for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner so long as its authentic New Mexico Mexican food. I miss living in New Mexico the most because of the food, love the food, just look at AJ, he likes it too! Add my name and the name of Chris Martin onto this list of people eating at "The Jalisco Cafe". Don knows all the good places to eat!
[img=[URL="https://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/BigD_LHC/SW-FOG%202010/DSCF0120_zpsee96bc6f.jpg%5D"]https://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/BigD_LHC/SW-FOG%202010/DSCF0120_zpsee96bc6f.jpg][/URL]
there is no feckin way I could eat at that table or anywhere near it.. Good god them be some pitbull ugly old fukers.

That kid AJ is plain straight out ass joint homely.
Waydaminit--- I'm at that table, too. In that case count me in for the dinner also. At least I'll have no concerns about rubbing elbows with any riff-raff.

I'm in for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner so long as its authentic New Mexico Mexican food. I miss living in New Mexico the most because of the food, love the food, just look at AJ, he likes it too! Add my name and the name of Chris Martin onto this list of people eating at "The Jalisco Cafe". Don knows all the good places to eat!

[img=[URL="https://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/BigD_LHC/SW-FOG%202010/DSCF0120_zpsee96bc6f.jpg%5D"]https://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/BigD_LHC/SW-FOG%202010/DSCF0120_zpsee96bc6f.jpg][/URL]
there is no feckin way I could eat at that table or anywhere near it.. Good god them be some pitbull ugly old fukers.
That kid AJ is plain straight out ass joint homely.
Waydaminit--- I'm at that table, too. In that case count me in for the dinner also. At least I'll have no concerns about rubbing elbows with any riff-raff.
Added Skip!

Sign me up for any and all food, sign me up for any and all riding, sign me up for any and all fun and maybe a few cold ones in the parking lot afterward but I am gonna be passing on sitting on AJ's or Don's lap. Just saying nuf said.
no.gif
Be careful around this dude... anybody who watches "Fargo" on FX knows what I mean.
fool.gif

Sign me up for any and all food, sign me up for any and all riding, sign me up for any and all fun and maybe a few cold ones in the parking lot afterward but I am gonna be passing on sitting on AJ's or Don's lap. Just saying nuf said.
no.gif
Be careful around this dude... anybody who watches "Fargo" on FX knows what I mean.
fool.gif
I know what ya mean.... They guy brought a wood chipper to CFO, and asked if I needed a roomie.
uhoh.gif

no.gif
fool.gif
I know what ya mean.... They guy brought a wood chipper to CFO, and asked if I needed a roomie.
uhoh.gif
Bustanut joker, if Abercrombie FJR roomed with you at CFO he should have brought along a sewage pumper truck eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

PumpTrucksmgy.jpg

ATTENTION: The Devil's Highway '666' SW-FOG 2014 Ride will DEFINITELY be scheduled for Friday, May 30. It turns out AZ Ride has picked Saturday May, 31 for their Annual Route 666 Ride. AZ RIDE is a consortium of bike clubs here in Phoenix, ranging from the Ducati Club to the local Harley Owners Group Chapters ese! We don't want to be trapped between H-D's!

For those planning to ride Route 191 "666" on Saturday 5/31: Here's a bit of a heads up regarding an Email from AZRIDE. Don't know how many people show up for these rides but there could be a bunch of tourists in the pack! Tourists meaning Harley riders like dcarver and BikerGeek99! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

JUST A REMINDER
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
8th Annual Route 666
Devils Highway
Motorcycle Poker Run
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Pre-Register Friday Evening starting at 7:30PM at the Java Blues Cafe on May 30, 2014 or Register on May 31, 2014, 8:30-9:30 AM
Springerville, Arizona

Saturday was spent getting MaryEllen's Yamaha FZ6 "Mini-Me" ready for SW-FOG, before any project is started at Casa de Stanley permission must be granted by El Jefe: Oso, our Labrador Retriever. Osito said go ahead Papa, as long as you're back in time for our afternoon swim in the pool! jes' sayin' and woof-woof!

DSCF1132.jpg

First order of business was to check out the tread on the 600, I do believe that MEM has enough tread left to ride to Silver City, New Mexico and then on to the National Parks of Utah before returning to Barrio del Chandler. Maria Elena is flying back to Canuckistan, but returning later this year to ride on to NAFO.

DSCF1133.jpg

Second task of the day was to wash "Mini-Me", I have been riding her around my housing tract since MEM left for The Great White Frozen North each month for 10 minutes; putting her on the battery charger every fourth day, she shares that charger with the other Stanley Boys Motorraden ese! Fires up just great!

DSCF1134.jpg

Yamaha makes amazing products, put 100 kilometers on "Mini-Me" and she ran fantastic! Changed her oil and filter, adjusted her clutch and adjusted-cleaned-lubed her final drive chain; she should be just fine for another 6K kilometers and the run up to NAFO, perhaps a new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's eh!

DSCF1137.jpg

Papa Chuy Viejo treated himself to a delicious bowl of Menudo Roja after his hard work, at Senor Medina's favorite Restaurant ala Mexicana: El Sol Cafe, ese!

DSCF1138.jpg

El Burrito Ballerina LOVES Menudo Roja o Blanco, 990 million Latinos can't be wrong about Menudo ese! Eat enough Menudo hombre, you'll look like this:

get-attachment-61aspx.jpg

Don, please add Chris Martin, BigD's riding buddy from Lake Havasu City, to the Saturday Jalisco Cafe dinner list. He will be riding his new FJR to SC but has been riding off road bikes for years.

It is only a little over a week away before we set out for Silver City. I will be leading a group out of Camp Verde, AZ on Thursday morning and do not want to leave anybody behind so I need a head count as to who will be meeting up at Camp Verde. Please PM me or post up.

So far it is:

• pegscraper (me)
  • GalaxyBlue
  • Big-D
  • Chris Martin
  • blufjr