Official SW-FOG 2014 Announcement: 5/29 THU-6/1 SUN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All righty then, registered and booked a room. If I can get across the border, I'm in. Had a great time in Colorado last summer. Looking forward to seeing all you old guys again!
biggrin.png

Dash

Glad to see a Canuckistani riding down from The Great White Frozen North for SW-FOG 2014 in New Mexico eh, welcome aboard David! Hosers Rule, eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.sw-fog.com BUMP REMINDER!

Please use this link to register for SW-FOG 2014! This way HotRodZilla, Tucson Joe and Papa Chuy know how many folks to plan on for group rides so we can add more ride leaders and to plan out a Saturday group dinner!

Hey all, I registered tonight; still have to make the reservations but thought it was too late to call Eric @ Econolodge. Tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to it. I do not know that area of the country very well except for the slab going through. I probably can't keep up with you natives on them scarey curvy roads, but just give me a place to go and I'll be there sooner or later!

See you in May!

Well ride the Black Canyon towards Hillsborough. Then we'll get some apple pie and ride back. Last time I was on that road 12 years ago, the pavement was perfect. Hope that's still true.

Hey all, I registered tonight; still have to make the reservations but thought it was too late to call Eric @ Econolodge. Tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to it. I do not know that area of the country very well except for the slab going through. I probably can't keep up with you natives on them scarey curvy roads, but just give me a place to go and I'll be there sooner or later!

See you in May!
Great News fljab, Papa Chuy Viejo is very glad you can make it!

Well ride the Black Canyon towards Hillsborough. Then we'll get some apple pie and ride back. Last time I was on that road 12 years ago, the pavement was perfect. Hope that's still true.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Riding with AJ es muy Peligro ese, liability waivers must be signed by all participants! This is what happened to an FJR Rider on a HotRodZilla led Group Ride last year, I have no idea why the guy was carrying a fish and a rattlesnake! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

That wasn't my fault. I warned him but would he listen?? Nooooooooooo.

Rattlesnakes hate fish, but he insisted on carrying them together. One thing led to another and the fish bit the snake. That guy crashed during the ensuing pandemonium. Poor dumb bastard!!

That wasn't my fault. I warned him but would he listen?? Nooooooooooo.
Rattlesnakes hate fish, but he insisted on carrying them together. One thing led to another and the fish bit the snake. That guy crashed during the ensuing pandemonium. Poor dumb bastard!!

You have to be tough to ride with HotRodZilla, this's AJ's muy bonita Esposa's Grandmother during the Mexican Revolution, Viva Armas del Norte ese!

1910soldier-of-revolution.jpg

no such luck Zilla, been running that road working in Silver City this month and this is what I have seen. No pics because stopping in some sections is sure disaster. In fact to only two motorcycle accidents I have seen were on that Hwy 152. As you may be aware there in no shoulder, just a white line and it's gone most of the way due to erosion from flooding from fires, large sections of damaged and poorly repaired pavement, the repair asphalt is coming out in chunks. And in the turns by the rocky section there were large (grapefruit size) rocks in the lane and blind corners. I was actually thinking of ditching that day ride during SWFOG. I've ridden with this group before and it could turn into train wreck if someone goes down in a turn. I spoke of two accidents on that Hwy 152. One, we were riding HDs to a rally in Gallinas Canyon and "Turtel Bob" ran off a corner trying to lose that nickname, whitch he did, we called him Pizza Bob after that. Guess what his back looked like? the other not so good ending. We were coming back from SC in three groups of two riders each, me in the last group, a drunk rolled through a stop sign and took out the middle group about 50 yds ahead of us. Bert was killed instantly, Billy Bear never rode again and lost his leg bolw the knee. I don't mean to be a downer but the road is really a bad one, at least for me. Me and the wife will go to the Gila Hot Springs that day I'm thinking.

Any Day Ride planned to go to Mogollon?

I understand the downtown mall is something to see, especially with all the night lights.

Longrider

Yes, just follow me Longrider. I will be riding it coming and going from Prescott.

Registered, minus MsNASCAR.

She will be home watching Indy 500 and NASCAR at Charlotte going round and round.
haha.gif

I, on the other hand, will be running the twisties with yu'all.
grin.gif

I'm in.
I miss my degenerate brothers. I do not miss jumping curbs.
That's Great News Adam, very glad to hear that you are IN!
WooHoo...I'll tell Patch. Maybe you two can recycle a couple more lbs of mash...Since that turned out so well last time. Haha.

Don will laugh at you while I look for scorpions to tease him with.

I'm in.

I miss my degenerate brothers. I do not miss jumping curbs.
That's Great News Adam, very glad to hear that you are IN!
WooHoo...I'll tell Patch. Maybe you two can recycle a couple more lbs of mash...Since that turned out so well last time. Haha.

Don will laugh at you while I look for scorpions to tease him with.
You know AJ, I still have a .jpg image of GB and Patch "spooning" drunk in their undies I shot through the open window curtain! jes' sayin' and nuff said!