Oh snap! Please tell me I'm wrong

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, so you're taking the big step and moving to Texas. Good for you.

I know several people in my neck of the woods who are thinking about moving to Texas for various reasons.

I know several people in my neck of the woods who are thinking about moving to Texas for various reasons.
Papa Chuy Viejo would move to Texas just for the BBQ alone, I ate at Black's Barbecue in Lockhart last Friday night and it was fantastic! Beef ribs to DIE for!

kent_black_cutting_block.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Charlie... Glad to hear these reports of your demise are not true.

Also to hear of your expatriation to the land of rattlesnakes and cattle, though I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would do such a thing.

But... Enquiring Minds want to know... was that you in the picture or not?

PS - That's a Rick Mayer seat, not a Russell. But I do not remember what C. Hoss has (had).

That wreck looks a lot like when WPBFJR took on a Toyota Tundra at the EOM in '05 out of Townsend, TN. He was right behind me when it happened.Thankfully, he was except for a couple of fractured fingers.
I thought that was Dana! After reading this, I seem to recall him saying something over lunch during a ride at EOM '13 about nerfing up an FJR a while back...

Papa Chuy Viejo would move to Texas just for the BBQ alone....
The BBQ is good in Texas but all the nutbars down there would get me up on the roof shooting at people. Once I start shooting maybe then I would fit in down there. The Duke has nothing on me.....

pe23.jpg

Now that bikergeek99 mentioned the name Dana, that sounds right to me (but it was some time ago). Here are a couple of snap shots I took from that trip.

Hey Charlie... Glad to hear these reports of your demise are not true.
Also to hear of your expatriation to the land of rattlesnakes and cattle, though I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would do such a thing.

But... Enquiring Minds want to know... was that you in the picture or not?

PS - That's a Rick Mayer seat, not a Russell. But I do not remember what C. Hoss has (had).
I have a Sargent seat. That guy in front resembles me but I woudn't be riding the Dragon with sneakers on. I'm probably in the background somewhere.

Papa Chuy Viejo would move to Texas just for the BBQ alone....
The BBQ is good in Texas but all the nutbars down there would get me up on the roof shooting at people. Once I start shooting maybe then I would fit in down there. The Duke has nothing on me.....

pe23.jpg
I went to a gun show outside Austin a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't resist buying a tee shirt that says "GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. TEXANS WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE."

Well, we have established that it wasn't Charlie or his FJR in the accident. We have persuasive evidence that the rider was associated with us at an EOM. Charlie seems unable to tell what he looks like, if he ever had a gray coat or where he has been so we may never be sure if it was him stumbling around this sad scene. Even with Charlie looking at the picture he may never confirm that it's him or not, but when if I were to see that face on a post office bulletin board I would say it's him.

How does Steve have so much spare time that he can come across pictures like this and analyze them so thoroughly?
laugh.png

Oh man do I have a video you need to see before deciding if you really wanna move down that way.
debbie.jpg

Oh man do I have a video you need to see before deciding if you really wanna move down that way.
I'm not thinking about moving, at least not yet. If I do move, It will most likely be to the Smoky or Blueridge mountains.

Lies, all lies I say! It wasn't me and that's my story. I haven't been near the Dragon in a couple of years and I can prove it. Actually I've been to Texas where I'm having a house built in Canyon Lake. I promised myself in early January that this would be my last Maine winter! 'Beam is right I was just recently able to get my bike out thru the snow. Guess what, Due to some recent freaky warm weather, all our snow just magically disappeared.
That wreck looks a lot like when WPBFJR took on a Toyota Tundra at the EOM in '05 out of Townsend, TN. He was right behind me when it happened.Thankfully, he was except for a couple of fractured fingers.

Thanks for all the concern from all my FJR buds.
Yes that was WPBFJR, his name was Dana I believe. My wife and I gave him a ride home to WPB and I actually bought the seat off the wreck. Never heard from him again. Is he still riding. What was the guys name that put on that ride in Townsend, I think he was from Va.

I've been away from the FJR scene for awhile but now I'm back and living in Townsend. Would like to hook up with some of you.