oil level

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did I just waste 5 minutes reading this thread, I must get a life!

You guys ought to hear the noise my 990 makes at start up after an oil change but it lasts for a second and all is quiet. I think the racket would make the anal guys shit in their pants.

Just had a valve check and compression test only had a 3-4% leakdown which the mechanic thought would be higher for a motor with 20k so the oil changes haven't hurt the motor a bit. Ride more worry less.

Having the oil at the proper level is important. Obviously, slightly above the sight glass level does not harm the FJR, as most here seem to overfill the FJR. Upper levels are specified to keep oil from being slung around by the crankshaft throws and counterweights and causing frothing, excess drag, and too much oil being in the wrong places. Pre-filling filters that go on horizontally is not necessary and not specified in the service manual. Easy solution for proper fill in an FJR is to fill to the bottom oil level line. Start the engine briefly to fill the oil filter and shut off for a minute or two, and then fill to the lower line on the sight glass. After the next ride on the bike, oil will rise to the proper level between the two lines and stay there. Done deal, no mystery, and repeatable.

For my part I withheld my sarcasm until the new guy's question was fully answered.
What I fail to understand is why this has not been sent to NEPRT already, along with all the other threads on this same subject.
I can understand someone being insecure in themselves, immature, and possibly even suffering from extended-permanent adolescence. What I fail to understand is why they seem willing to put these character traits out there for all to see. Applied here, it appears to be a combination of institutionalized bad manners, rationalized envy, malice, and a never ending desire for self-display.

What is NERPT anyway? Oh sorry I asked. Now I have to go to re-hab!!

For my part I withheld my sarcasm until the new guy's question was fully answered.

What I fail to understand is why this has not been sent to NEPRT already, along with all the other threads on this same subject.
I can understand someone being insecure in themselves, immature, and possibly even suffering from extended-permanent adolescence. What I fail to understand is why they seem willing to put these character traits out there for all to see. Applied here, it appears to be a combination of institutionalized bad manners, rationalized envy, malice, and a never ending desire for self-display.
What is NERPT anyway? Oh sorry I asked. Now I have to go to re-hab!!
Sir, you apparently don't understand shit.

When I saw this thread my first impulse was to attack with all the sarcasm this wonderful forum is known for displaying to those who are too filled with a sense of their own self importance to do a proper search. IF you had enough respect for this forum to do a proper search and IF you had enough sense to figure this oil level issue just might have happened to someone else and just read for a little while, you would have gotten your answer without any of this irritating BS taking place.

However, looking at your post count and realizing you were a new member and probably unfamiliar with the lack of tolerance to Never Ending Pointless and Recurring Threads, I gave you the courtesy of tolerance and allowed others to answer your dumbass question. Only after you had gotten the information you needed did I inject a bit of humor and sarcasm into your thread. At the same time I was attempting to lead you in the right direction and save you further aggravation.

You seem determined to play but you started off in the loser's bracket. The Admins have moved your thread to its proper home in Never Ending Pointless and Recurring Threads. Congratulations, your very first thread has been shit canned.

Now, if you remove the chip from your shoulder, take a deep breath, and take a few moments to read a few other threads and learn a bit about how we do things here, you will find that we can and will help you with any and every issue you can possibly imagine.

I look forward to the opportunity to assist you in the future. But I suggest you pick another target. I am not a good one.

Wow, there are some people with awful big heads with some very thin skin on the forum that seem to like to demean others. Kinda like the snobby members of an exclusive fraternity hazing their new pledges.

Admins are too busy chastising older, "established" members for beating up the new kids?
I was riding my FJR around the state...dunno what the rest of you were doing. Added another 1000 to the new one.

This thread seems classic NEPRT. A noob doing especially nooby things that promised to read some basic things when they signed up....but didn't really, a semi-noob with seemingly emerging attitude issues, and some crusty old farts...piling on. Nobody should be proud the thread became NEPRT. It's not an honor to have a thread there nor posts in one.

Last edited by a moderator:
My job is done here.........
smile.png
:tease:

Status
Not open for further replies.