• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Old License Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AK and MT will be on the way tomorrow. I suggest you expand to include the Canadian Provinces and Territories. There are many Canadians on here.

AK and MT will be on the way tomorrow. I suggest you expand to include the Canadian Provinces and Territories. There are many Canadians on here.
I'll focus on the US plates as a start, once that project is done, I plan on expanding to Canada and possibly even Mexico.

Washington plate received today! OP updated

Yesterday was a great day. I received Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Montana, Alaska, and "Minnesota" plates! Many thanks to all who had them sent my way.

I will have to put Minnesota back on the list though, since it was a cage plate and not a motorcycle plate, so i can't use it for this project.

Original post updated with statuses. Keep 'em coming!

Okay, fair is fair.... once you get your collection complete you should host a gathering of all the contributors and provide a micro-brew from every state for which you have a plate. Seems little enough to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, fair is fair.... once you get your collection complete you should host a gathering of all the contributors and provide a micro-brew from every state for which you have a plate. Seems little enough to me.
I guess I could get started in compiling a list of brews from each state....I like the idea. Maybe host the gathering in the geographical center of the US for good measure!

I should have a Delaware plate sitting around. PM an address and I'll send it along..Baz
Great PM sent!

I have a blue NM Centennial MC plate that came off my KTM. It's a little rough, but it may clean up some. Send me a PM with your email, and I'll send you a picture. Because of my job, I may be able to find you a yellow plate also, or some other styles. https://www.mvd.newmexico.gov/license-plates.aspx
Awesome....PM sent. Whatever plate is easiest works great.

To do a decent job of hosting this beer fest you will need to sample the beers. Probably a good idea to start having people include a six pack along with the donated plates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez.... I have a Florida and a California plate, but I only have one of each. Cannot imagine there are not many others floating around from those populous states.

I'd think HRZ could confiscate some plates from those passing thru the Great State of New Mexico. Seems like an appropriate use of authority and the least he could do.

Received the NH plate yesterday courtesy of Ironbeam. Special thanks for the little history lesson on the state "symbol" stamped on the plate!

^^^ That's a concept that could become an idea!!!!
rap.gif

Great idea.... I have a few but I want to keep them. I don't want to high jack your thread but what is the longest you recycled a plate from 1 bike to another and another.