Olympus sucks moist azz cheese

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panthercity

Reaction score
Stylus Ad

skip the intro, then click 'commercials', then 'emergency'

I've written to the HMFIC of Olympus Americas expressing my displeasure as both a motorcyclist and a first responder.

Great to see we're promoting scavenging posessions off dead bikers now... love to have a brief conversation with the a-hole who came up with that ad.

:angry:

My note to them-

"Your commercial featuring the theft of a Stylus Camera from a downed Motorcyclist blows. How about the theft of a Stylus from a Japanese executive burned at Hiroshima? That would be funny as hell, yes?"

Eh. I think EMT's have more to be pissed about. Regarding motorcyclists, I figure it was just in poor taste.

It's just marketing...I can't say I'm thrilled with it, but it's not raising my blood pressure.

Heck, in Europe they have car commercials that depict a family's cat being decapitated by the sunroof...and I'm sure there are at least a few animal lovers out there that found that offensive (myself excluded...I think it's quite funny).

Point being...you can't please everyone.

I'm as much a lover of the sarcastic, the stupid, the tasteless side of humour as anyone on the planet. But some things are just in bad taste, and this qualifies. Would it be as funny if the camera was around the neck of a lifeless body in a car wreck? How about if it survived the fire, but the owners charred body indicates less robust construction? A National Guardsman finds the camera he removed from a floating corpse in the Big Easy still takes clear, sharp photos? Maybe I too have a future in marketing.......... :unsure:

I'm as much a lover of the sarcastic, the stupid, the tasteless side of humour as anyone on the planet. But some things are just in bad taste, and this qualifies. Would it be as funny if the camera was around the neck of a lifeless body in a car wreck? How about if it survived the fire, but the owners charred body indicates less robust construction? A National Guardsman finds the camera he removed from a floating corpse in the Big Easy still takes clear, sharp photos? Maybe I too have a future in marketing.......... :unsure:
Perhaps you do...I see humor in all of your suggestions.

Seems to be gone now. All the other commercials work, but not that one...

OooooooAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, the power of the fjrforum :banned: :bb2:

I guess someone sicked Iggy the watchdog on their ass :angry:

Well, the IBMWR, the Texas EMTs, the WERA forum, a few folks at SPEEDTV forums and, of course the AMA gettin' hot and heavy on the blower with Olympus America...

Thank The Lord they've seen the light! (May have been a brace of PIAA's, who knows...)

I guess they pissed off the girlscouts too.

I went back to show a co-worker and thay removed the one with the girlscout doing a store front smash and grab.

good job -- at least it's gone, but I didn't get to see it and get po'd... maybe a good service you provided by writing in!!!

Maybe I too have a future in marketing..........
Bring back the classics. The Razor Blade That will clean shave Bart Starr and 25 more football players. The Timex Watch strapped to the propeller of a Johnson outboard, run full blast in test tank, Hey! it's waterproof and still ticks, Bic pen tied to an ice skate, Scraped across ice, Jumps, Spins... Yes, it still writes.

Last edited by a moderator: