One Idiot, One FJR and Hancock Pass, CO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, I don't see Twiggs concern about breaking bones. Hell, RFH broke bones and he's like a folk hero now. Haha...
RFH is indeed a hero.

He might not have been quite so sanguine had he broken his ribs 11000 feet up a mountain though
smile.png

Those helicopters are expensive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Wheatie. Your reading comprehension is suffering sonce moving to SC. I said 50+ on dirt/enduro/adventure bike. The FJR is none of those.
However, I don't see Twiggs concern about breaking bones. Hell, RFH broke bones and he's like a folk hero now. Haha...
GOOFY: AJ!

Poor Wheatie. Your reading comprehension is suffering since moving to SC. I said 50+ on dirt/enduro/adventure bike. The FJR is none of those.
However, I don't see Twigg's concern about breaking bones. Hell, RFH broke bones and he's like a folk hero now. Haha...

DOUBLE GOOFY: AJ!

I had a similar adventure 2 years ago in CO but it was on CR 50 just north of Winter Park and I was on the Hayabusa. There had been rain and parts of the "road" were deep with mud. The cords were showing on my rear tire as I reached the paved road again. Like Twigg, it was a neat experience and I'm happy to have done it and come out in 1 piece but I do not look forward to trying anything like that again. Life is short - it's nice to have cool stories to tell, right?

RFH is indeed a hero.

He might not have been quite so sanguine had he broken his ribs 11000 feet up a mountain though
smile.png

Really?

"Sanguine"?..... on the FJR Forum? Folks are gonna be PMing you all weekend to define that.

Best step away from either the bottle, the thesaurus or the computer for the rest of 2014. :p

RFH is indeed a hero.

smile.png

Really?

"Sanguine"?..... on the FJR Forum? Folks are gonna be PMing you all weekend to define that.

Best step away from either the bottle, the thesaurus or the computer for the rest of 2014.
tongue.png