overfilled oil?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you mean quarts, not litres. Tho I like the brits spelling! And the service manual says 4.2. That's where I goofed up; trying to estimate the 2/10 directly from the marks on side of the bottle rather than measuring it first into a graduated cup. That last 'little" splash is what did it.

and for those following, yes, it does shift better. Tho I have no idea how old the oil was when I bought the bike. The nut on the K&N filter is 17mm, same as the drain. And it does run juuuust a little hotter, as was suggested elsewhere. Cheers to all, and ride safe!
No…I meant litres…I’m in Canada, where we buy oil in litres. I use Lucas 10w-40 full synthetic oil and I did an oil & filter change yesterday.

No…I meant litres…I’m in Canada, where we buy oil in litres. I use Lucas 10w-40 full synthetic oil and I did an oil & filter change yesterday.
FWIW, Canadian Tire sells Lucas MC oil in 946 mL bottles (1 US Quart) - at least according to their website...

Last edited:

Latest posts